AI Line Helper

Apps AI Line Helper 2022.03.08

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have the money. But i will never pay for a game that after many years is still unfinished. So bugged that the clients have to create tools to fix it, because the company doesn't give a ****. If someone send me the track files i will be sure that it works fine, and buy it.
Isn't it illegal to do so? Why don't you just steam share the game for testing?

EDIT: I know it is illegal to pirate the game, I'm referring to talking about that on RD

Our Green Staffmember Mister "Ban-Hammer" allready handled that guy.

hulksmash.gif
:inlove::inlove::inlove:

AccAkut or Esotic, I'm referring to you since it seems that you are very informed on how the AI works in AC; I'm done with the AI helper and part of the original AI 's developer app from Kunos, but not sure what is the "magic" on-off in the window or the AI's tyres hint that also saves a line in the ai.ini; any hints???
By the way thank you for this precious app, it's a must!!!!

Attachments

• 2018-07-09.png
    2018-07-09.png
    813.6 KB · Views: 292
AccAkut or Esotic, I'm referring to you since it seems that you are very informed on how the AI works in AC; I'm done with the AI helper and part of the original AI 's developer app from Kunos, but not sure what is the "magic" on-off in the window or the AI's tyres hint that also saves a line in the ai.ini; any hints???
By the way thank you for this precious app, it's a must!!!!
I may need to research this, but from what I understand some of those options on the ai app only affect cars that are "unpacked" and in development. Once the data.acd has been built they have no effect.

The more I work with the AI the more I feel like you really need to customize the ai line and ai hints on a per car and sometimes per setup basis. For instance, an open wheel car with heavy down force car brake much later than the same car with low downforce, and to really optimize lap times you need to tweak the ai hints to match the characteristics for the car, setup, and track combo. This topic probably deserves it's own tutorial, but the ai data at the track level is very generic, but the cars and setups that all rely on this data vary greatly.

Ai Line need to fine tune of course, but to gain more speed I eventually increase the RPM switch of the AI's and add damage so that player's car are not possibile to going that way; playing with content manager also allow to tune setup and I think we can cook something also with tyres switch; I 'm still unable to understand how to change car info's when using Kunos AI's app, since the one you " capture" is the one you'll go editing; even if I save and switch next car (ctrl+ numpad 3) I've learn that the editing refers just to the previous car ; do you know if there is a way to edit a multiclass grid while on track in order to avoid reload car per car?
PS: by the way I feel comfortable to leave ini's unpacked in data folder, so data.acd will be useless, isn't it?

I unpack the data.acd files only to get the necessary pieces to feed into ProTyres, or something like that, I've not actually gotten around to editing those files myself, so you're farther along there than I am. I'm not sure, but unpacking the acd files could result in mismatches online, but that's mostly a guess, but I'm pretty sure you'd want to keep them around for the sake of backup and compatibility.

First, thanks so much for making this app, second great videos explaining how it work's.
So my question... How do you fix ai that pit after a lap or two from when the race starts? I have tried making ideal_line.ai from coping the fastline but it still does not work. I would really like to fix Albert Park and some other tracks as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

update: could this be the car mod rather than the ai file? I use the Seat TCR mod a lot, and when I race Albert Park the cars would literally disappear from the race track and reappear in the pits, however I just ran a race with the Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 at Albert and they did not pit. both races were 6 laps.

Last edited:
First, thanks so much for making this app, second great videos explaining how it work's.
So my question... How do you fix ai that pit after a lap or two from when the race starts? I have tried making ideal_line.ai from coping the fastline but it still does not work. I would really like to fix Albert Park and some other tracks as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

update: could this be the car mod rather than the ai file? I use the Seat TCR mod a lot, and when I race Albert Park the cars would literally disappear from the race track and reappear in the pits, however I just ran a race with the Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 at Albert and they did not pit. both races were 6 laps.

It's been suggested to me that the data\ideal_line.ai helps the AI to figure out how much fuel to use, but honestly, I've never gotten that part of AI racing to work properly and would love to figure out what the real answer it. In some sims you have to let the AI run a few practice laps for them to figure out fuel strategy, but I'm not really sure how we're supposed to coax the ai cars into doing anything vaguely smart in terms of pitting and fuel.

Sorry :(

It's been suggested to me that the data\ideal_line.ai helps the AI to figure out how much fuel to use, but honestly, I've never gotten that part of AI racing to work properly and would love to figure out what the real answer it. In some sims you have to let the AI run a few practice laps for them to figure out fuel strategy, but I'm not really sure how we're supposed to coax the ai cars into doing anything vaguely smart in terms of pitting and fuel.

Sorry :(

Actually this did help, I ran another race this time adding a qualifying session instead of just a quick race and they did not pit, however ran another quick race (no qualifying) and it was a mess had to hard boot out of that one as it would not let me exit, I did make a new fast line AI file, but did not make a new pit lane file, so that might have something to do with it, but the AI went from running 2:11's to 2:06's even a 2:05 @ 98% so that's a positive I guess.

Please note I added Corrections/Additions/Clarifications to the Extended Tutorial.

AI Lines Extended Tutorial:
Extended Tutorial Corrections/Additions/Clarifications
9:30 I should have said “I like the FX17 for recording side lines”
15:50 You don’t need to start recording a fast_lane at the start/finish line, and you should plan to run at least 2 laps before using the candidate
17:10 I currently think AI can benefit from a fast_lane created with the same car you are planning to race. I.E. a fast lane recorded with an FA01 is good for the FA01, but maybe not as good for regular road cars
18:25 You do not need to hit the button to “save AI”, that’s actually for folks working on mod cars
19:50 The AI can’t always manage some turns the same as a human driver would, so if you recognize one those scenarios you may want the fast_lane to be different than the ideal_line.
21:50 I meant to click the second “start recording” button to record a pit_lane candidate

VALUE entries in the ai_hints.ini can be greater than 1.0.

Actually this did help, I ran another race this time adding a qualifying session instead of just a quick race and they did not pit...
Something I've noticed lately is that if I start a quick race and run say 3 laps and then restart the session (without exiting) the AI seem to do a much better job of knowing how much fuel they need to finish. This is helpful if you'd like to start in a particular position (say at the very back, or exactly in the middle, etc).

Something I've noticed lately is that if I start a quick race and run say 3 laps and then restart the session (without exiting) the AI seem to do a much better job of knowing how much fuel they need to finish. This is helpful if you'd like to start in a particular position (say at the very back, or exactly in the middle, etc).
The AI always needs three full laps for fuel calculation, its the same as the little notice you will see in your own setup screen in the "Fuel" section. Else they start with whatever is set as initial fuel level in the car.ini OR with a full tank, I am actually not exactly sure how that works. But like with the RSS GT1s I had the issue that these cars had too little initial fuel load to do 3 full laps of the Nordschleife VLN layout, thus could not do the 3 laps for calculation, and thus never put in enough fuel for a race.

I have a thread over on the AC forums about how the ai seem to ignore the ai_default.ini settings. I'm still investigating options like creating a custom challenge with fixed setups (don't think that will work) or maybe even creating a "mod" car with a limited range of setup adjustments (this seems like a blunt force approach, but may be the only thing that will actually work). If anyone has insight about tuning ai for individual tracks I'd love to hear it. :)

@AccAkut @Cristian Stanzini
I finally got around to unpacking the data.acd and making a complete copy of the content\cars\<specific car> folder just so I could force the Lotus 79 to use low/no aero on tracks that benefit from it. After much fiddling I could not find any other way to lock those aspects of the setup. I'm starting to feel the need to organize an "offline racing tutorial" with all the tips and tricks that we collectively know. Anybody interested in helping with this? Know anybody that's an expert on such things? Does something like this already exist? :)

Cheers,

Esotic

You’re never giving up. :):thumbsup:
I wish there was a solution to fix the AIs behaviour when they are near your car. They so often hesitate to overtake…

You’re never giving up. :):thumbsup:
I wish there was a solution to fix the AIs behaviour when they are near your car. They so often hesitate to overtake…
Lately I've been running an RSS Lotus 79 mod with aggression at 100%. It's required a few adjustments to track boundaries and ai_hints to keep them on track, but racing them is quite challenging and I never have to worry about them using too much aero and being off pace on the long straights.

Reactions: F_B

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back