AI Line Helper

Apps AI Line Helper 2022.03.08

Login or Register an account to download this content
Esotic submitted a new resource:

AI Line Helper - helps to define track boundaries for creating AI lines

There's a thread over on the official AC forums that describes how you can use CSV files to define the track boundaries when creating AI Lines. This app attempts to help automate some of that process by letting you "drive" the left and right track boundaries. After recording the boundaries you can restart the hotlap session while holding "shift" in order to request AC use the CSV files you've just recorded.

Read more about this resource...

I've always wanted to have a good race at Miseluk, and I hope your AI Line Helper app will allow that to happen. I'd say the same for Mont Tremblant, but the AI just seem a bit "off" there, and it's not a border issue like it is at Miseluk.

Will report back after I've had a chance to test it out.

Thanks for the tool.

Thanks for the app, very useful! There is a bug with tracks that have multiple layouts. It crashes when trying to write the .csv file, because data folder is missing from track's root directory. When I created data folder then it wrote the .csv and i copied it in the layout's data folder.

Thanks for the app, very useful! There is a bug with tracks that have multiple layouts. It crashes when trying to write the .csv file, because data folder is missing from track's root directory. When I created data folder then it wrote the .csv and i copied it in the layout's data folder.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into fixing that!

How did you stop it from crashing? I'm trying to do Tiago's Lemans and both versions have data folders yet I'm still crashing

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 243506

are the files still adjustable in ks editor? haven't had much xperiance with csv files.
sum tracks like to limit the cars to a very narrow line to avoid accidents etc.and it takes a while in kseditor to do a complete track.
this should make it very quick for initial a.i. setup.
orsum job

are the files still adjustable in ks editor? haven't had much xperiance with csv files.
sum tracks like to limit the cars to a very narrow line to avoid accidents etc.and it takes a while in kseditor to do a complete track.
this should make it very quick for initial a.i. setup.
orsum job
Yes you can still edit in the editor after the CSV files are baked into the ai files by holding shift on load. The nice thing is if you are happy with the edge lines in the CSV you can edit the main centerline in the editor all day and forget about the edges as the correct ones will load from the CSV when holding shift. While recording the edge lines can be a bit of a pain it is 1000x better than editing them in the editor.

• Deleted member 243506

Yes you can still edit in the editor after the CSV files are baked into the ai files by holding shift on load. The nice thing is if you are happy with the edge lines in the CSV you can edit the main centerline in the editor all day and forget about the edges as the correct ones will load from the CSV when holding shift. While recording the edge lines can be a bit of a pain it is 1000x better than editing them in the editor.
it takes me days in the editor to adjust the lines on my tracks and others .
huge time saver.
again... orsum job:D

Ah, I see you already updated it, it did crash on me last night when I tried to record Blackwood (which is multiples layouts, and in dire need for better AI lines)

Now that we have this tool working (hopefully) I'm guessing we'll need to figure out some best practices for which vehicles to use (small with tight turning radius) to drive the lines and how the lines should help the AI through various types of turns and road conditions. @LilSki had mentioned keeping the line at least 1 foot from any wall. I was working on Hockenheimring AI last night and they are bunching up at the tight chicane especially on lap 1, so still need to figure that one out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back