PC2 AI Level (in)Consistency

Man, I love the driving in this game. Looks and runs great and low load times. I like the scripted weather (although too many special events are mixed weather).

But I am really getting down on the AI consistency. The first race in my FC championship was 100 and I won. I ended up bumping up to 110 at COTA and was the fastest but finished 3rd. On to LB with the AI at 114 and smoked em all. However, on the side events, I could only beat the Lambos at 50 and the UK Track Day Trophy at 25. What's the deal!? Its such an a kick in the crotch to have to dip down to 25 when I was 100-level in PC1 and somewhere abouts in regular career.

Is anybody else experiencing this kind of volatility? I don't mind having to tweak it, I did that in PC1, and I don't think the AI is super crazy, not worse than AMS, but having to waste so much time restarting events at a different AI level is getting old!

To be far, GTR2 was good with GTR2 stock tracks

Changes are coming in this space for PC2 and if you are an offline player, you will like the changes.

You are right about the mods. I used to use the Custom Championship Tool (which was great) but I ended up completely avoiding modded tracks. It had enough stock variants for me then. I actually don't frig around with mods these days. I have 3, maybe 4, hours a week to race, I'd prefer not to waste 20 mins finding and installing mods, just to find out that it is subpar or unraceable.

I'm willing to give SMS a break until the patches roll out, b/c for all the troubles PC1 gave other players, I was rocking that thing in career mode until the day PC2 came out. It always worked for me and the AI inconsistencies were manageable. 1 or 2% here or there in the main championships.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back