AI issues on Le Mans

Hi all,

I have been having some issues with the AI on Le Mans, and I am curious if anybody else has experienced anything like this and found a resolution.

I loaded a few AI cars into a Track Day lobby and when the lobby started I noticed a few cars would leave the pits, but a lot of them were already on the track. After I entered the track I ran into a massive traffic jam on the Mulsanne. I steered far to one side and road the wall to pass most of the traffic, and thought it was done.

Then I ran into another Jam between Indianapolis and Arnage, and it started to appear I was passing the same cars again. Now when I added the cars I selected liveries for them, so the only cars that were identical were sister cars, like what you see in GTE Pro with Porsche, Ford, Ferrari, BMW, and Aston Martin.

It became evident that AI cars that were a healthy margin away from me would disappear and then respawn up further ahead on the circuit, stopped, and then the rest of the AI would get stuck and stack up behind it.

I later ran into yet another jam before entering the Porsche curves, the straight following Arnage, but that one caught me out and I ended up crashing into the jam.

After restarting the session a few times I still ran into the same problem. So I left the lobby and took away all of the cars except a couple of Porsche 911 RSR's. When I re-loaded the lobby, I sat idle in the pits and every 10-15 seconds I'd watch hear and see one of the RSR's fly past the front stretch.

Has anybody else every experienced anything like this and were able to resolve the problem?

Me neither, only here.
Yesterday I tried again, this time with the 'AI' plugin deactivated and this weird behaviour disappeared. Maybe it doesn't work well with this circuit.
If I have a moment, I'll put a comment Ilja's discord

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years