AI is far more better, but...

After the huge improvement AI is much better without question and racing offline is enjoyable indeed.
But...
I don't understand one thing. Why is it, when after the AI does 2:04 - 2:06 in the qualifying session, during the race it does 2-3 s slower laptimes.
It is a problem, because after an exciting face to face qualifying session, the race is boring, since I leave them behind too easily.
And what is more frustrating, there is always one opponent being competitive, the others are much slower.

Last edited:
I noticed that AI uses different compounds of tyre on qualify and race. Did a race on Spa, qualifiy on softs and race on mediuns. Other thing to notice is that with high agression they battle each other more, resulting in slower laps.
Unfortunaly 100% AI is not really that fast for some people, so you can always start in last and have a lot of fun.

After the huge improvement AI is much better without question and racing offline is enjoyable indeed.
But...
I don't understand one thing. Why is it, when after the AI does 2:04 - 2:06 in the qualifying session, during the race it does 2-3 s slower laptimes.
It is a problem, because after an exciting face to face qualifying session, the race is boring, since I leave them behind too easily.
And what is more frustrating, there is always one opponent being competitive, the others are much slower.

In real life, quali times are pretty much always faster than race times, unless impacted by weather. I don't see any reason why AC would be different.

In real life, quali times are pretty much always faster than race times, unless impacted by weather. I don't see any reason why AC would be different.

I can. In real life all the drivers will do their qualifying run on low fuel loads and possibly with a low drag configuration (depending on parc ferme rules), and sometimes higher boost levels/engine mapping, but when the race starts they crank up the downforce, turn down the boost/power, and fill the tank which slows them down. In AC the AI does not use a low fuel load or a low drag configuration or qualifying boost/map, they are using the same setup they will use in the race and therefore should be doing the same lap times in both qualifying and race.

If you run a session and then look in the logs you can see how much fuel each AI chose (there's usually some variation if they don't think they can do the entire race on a tank of fuel and split the race in half different ways, otherwise they'll pretty much all aim for the same)

AI uses the "tyre with more grip" and low fuel for qualify. Now, "tyre with more grip" means just that, sadly it doesnt mean "tyre with better performance on a given track"... ex they'll go for softs at the Nords even tho they'll probably be cooked and burned half way through a lap.
The plan is to have them understand the mistake, pit straight away and go for different tyres.. still not a perfect solution because they'll waste some laps.
They will go for "default" tyres for races.. will try to do the entire race without stopping if they can, if they can't they'll split it up in 2 and fuel for whatever lapcount they plan to do.
Doing a full qualify session is very important to give the AI enough info about fuel consumption to make a better decision (this is also true for the player btw).. still the AI will make big mistakes on "odd" cars.. ie, it will vastly overestimate the amount of fuel needed to race cars with variable turbo (ie.. the Lotus 98T) and put more fuel than needed to complete the laps they want to do.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back