F1 2011 AI in the wet

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
hi all,
i know some people complained about how fast the ai were in the wet on legend mode.
for me they were ok and i thought the new patch would balance it out anyway.
last night me and some friends online played the sepang race and we were excited at the fact it was raining (random weather settings) so we have the race setup so we start at the back of the grid as we think the ais are a bit slow anyway even on legend mode but in the wet its ridiculous.
now we have the rules set at full and damage full so youn have to be carefull coming though the field.
anyway i started 20th and went down the inside into turn 1. by the apex in turn 1 i was 3rd and 1st coming out of turn 2 i was 1st. so i ask you is this legend mode. for me legend mode would legend mode!!!
its more like noob mode now.
now i know some people didnt like them being so fast and thats ok all you have to do is set the ai at a lower level. say to int or pro but us guys who can use this game laugh at how slow they are.
it seems that it was changed to suit a minority who were louder than the majority.
other than that i love the game, its the 1st F1 game i have bought in 6 or 7 years

it seems im alone in this situation. maybe if im that much better than the legend mode and know one else agrees i should email Christian Horner, Ron Dennis, Stefano Domenicali or Ross Brawn and tell them i can beat legend mode in the wet really easly and they should offer me more money than they pay their drivers:p

David O'Reilly i use tcs and abs. but i also dont have a steering wheel and pedals. im using a joystick, but when i get steering wheel i will turn off the tc and abs.

Latosius you hit the nail on the head with that. its about the balance, when they are in the dry its ok but out some water on the track and the AIs become gp2 cars.

Steven Mosley Jr i will allways set my car up to a balance i like and to find the best performance from the car.
i used to use 11/11 setup bug as it was called but i know some people didnt like it but for me it would be like asking Jenson Button to take off his double diffuser in 2009. if its there and i can get the most out of a car with it i will use it.

I had another experience today in Monaco in the wet. I lost 2 front wings in disagreements with a few barriers had to pit 3 times in a wet race instead of just once, and yet i still managed to stroll into 4th place and if it weren't for a few mistakes due to pushing the limits of grip i'd of been 3rd if not 2nd. In total i think i lapped 2-3 seconds a lap faster than the AI. Its weird how they react, it seems to be only in race conditions as qualifying was very wet and they were posting some quick times.

(on legend btw, no assists apart from auto gears)

They were fast on Inter's yea, and didn't pit at all sometimes but they seem to have turned the dial down a bit too much. Don't get me wrong, the Dry races are as challenging as ever but driving for Williams i shouldn't be lapping 2-3 secs faster than Red Bull in the wet :S

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.9%