AI in street circuit

Hello All.

I would like to ask some help. I have converted an RFactor track(Phoenix street F1 circuit) to AMS however I have some problem with the AI.

When they are side by side, one of them hit the wall like they trying to cut the corner. When they do qualifying or just racing in the racing line it is perfect.

I have checked in RFactor and when they are side by side they leave enough space for each other and they do not hit the wall.

Could you help me what should I do that they behave the same way in Automobilista?

Thank you in Advance,

Philip

You likely need to do some advanced editing of the AIW file. AMS uses the racing lines a bit differently than rF. Before I offer help, what version have you converted? There are already conversions out there that have had some TLC to work nicely in AMS.

You likely need to do some advanced editing of the AIW file. AMS uses the racing lines a bit differently than rF. Before I offer help, what version have you converted? There are already conversions out there that have had some TLC to work nicely in AMS.
Hi Marc,

First of all thanks for the answer. I have converted f1 1990 track pack from srm. I would really appriciate the conversion of this track however I would also like to know your advice as I frequently convert tracks from rfactor and i like editing things.

Thank you so much your help in advance

Philip

Last edited:
Hi Marc,

First of all thanks for the answer. I have converted f1 1990 track pack from srm. I would really appriciate the conversion of this track however I would also like to know your advice as I frequently convert tracks from rfactor and i like editing things.

Thank you so much your help in advance

Philip

I have the complete 1990 track set with edit dates late in 2018. So, if this is not yours, you can save yourself a lot of hassle and just get the conversion someone else already did.

If it is yours, and there are just a few AIW issues to iron-out, I can help with that. PM me if links are required, though I will admit I don't remember where I got my 1990 tracks.

Unfortunately i had the same experinece with Baku track which has been converted by ClimaxF1 and he did amaizing job with the track.

I have also found some video and around 1.4.3-1.4.5 version the AI was not hitting the wall.

However i just had a race with AI and F-Ultimate and they are htting the wall when they are side by side and sometimes hit the wall when they are following each other(no problems in Qualy).

Shall I have to make a brand new AIW and if yes what I have to focus on in order that the AI avoid hittig the wall?

Thanks in advance,

Philip

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%