AI Getting Stuck In The Grass/Sand After Crashing

Hello guys. I played today a lot of race weekends with ai and there seems to be a common problem: after ai is crashing into me or into eachother, they end up on the grass/sand/off track, all good for now BUT they remain there for the rest of the qualifying/practice session. They can't return to truck and they don t even try to get back in the race

This problem is persistent in the game without mods and with mods too. I am running the races thru content manager. AI diff 98% variation 2% and aggression 70%, mechanincal damage 100%

Can anyone reproduce this or is there a fix/workaround to this issue? From what i understood, the ai is programmed to get back on track when it is clear, after a crash

Thank you for your advice, but i forgot to mention that in fact i tried with mechanical damage 0% too
I didn t played a lot of SP in assetto corsa, i mainly did championships MP, that's why i don't know if this is a common issue or not. Also i found out that in some cars the ai in fact returns to track (talking only about the original content, no mods)

I can comment on the fact that when I run a full
field of Ai to test my settings for what ever
reason and at the start sit there and jam a
couple of the Ai behind me at the start.
When I finally drive off they will just sit there
and do not follow and then finally disappear
from the game. That’s not much help,
but an indicator that your problem probably
Seems to fit the norm. Cannot comment on off
circuit situations.:)

I've had this problem since I first launched the game. The AI is always stuck on the grass no matter what, then disqualify itself (if it is a race). It is pretty annoying especially with the modded tracks because there the AI lines are sometimes not too great to begin with.

I've had this problem since I first launched the game. The AI is always stuck on the grass no matter what, then disqualify itself (if it is a race). It is pretty annoying especially with the modded tracks because there the AI lines are sometimes not too great to begin with.

That is exactly what i am trying to find out. I talked with some of my friends and 2 of them couldn't replicate my problem even with poor made mods...

The problem is that in multiclass races, it is inevitable for thei ai to not crash 1,2 times per race. But they just blatantly abandon the race, even with mechanical damage off. Sure you can set aggresion to 0% and have almost no crashes but still..

Do you have content manager? Maybe something it's wrong with it's ai configuration. I will try to install the game on other hdd without any mods, neither content manager, and see what i get

Also i heard some guys saying that in practice and quali gets stuck, but in race they sometimes return on the tarmac

I use Content Manager nowadays but it happened with the unmodded version of the game too. I set the AI agression level at 30%, because above that they are more likely to punt you. In race they only return on the tarmac for me if they face the right way and maximum 5m away from the track.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%