Resource icon

Misc AI for VRC Alabama (Barber) V2

Login or Register an account to download this content
kevink63 submitted a new resource:

AI for VRC Alabama (Barber) - New ai with side lines for racing

New fast lane, pit lane, and side lines to keep ai from crashing as much in races. Pit lane exit altered to keep cars from going into sand trap on exit.

Tested with VRC Formula NA 2018 and RSS Formula America. Lap times will be slower, but the same as times set in actual race in 2018.

As always, back up your files, in case you don't like it.

Track is included in VRC paid mod:

Have fun,
Kevin

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for update but it's not working here, AI is still loosing control right after T1. The rest of the track it's running quite slow compared to default AI. Running in CM and latest Sol n CSP.

Would really like to see an improvement on that matter as every AI mods n vanilla version seems shows these problems at T1

Thanks for your input. As I stated in my posting, lap times are slower than the original ai, as I had to rework original fast lane in an attempt to keep the cars on track . At first I was hoping I could get the original ai fast lane to work, but no matter what I did with side line adjustments and hints, it didn't work at 100% strength and aggression. The straight line through the chicanes is good for hot laps, but not so much for the ai, especially on the first lap of a race, which means slower lap times, of course. The VRC seems to have quite erratic ai, as well, so I had to resort to very conservative lines to get the field to complete a lap. I will keep looking at the ai though, and see if I can improve it.

Which car(s) are you having problems with? What is your strength and aggression settings?

The immersive breaking T1 pile up shows each and every car class at each AI versions (3 incl. default) I've tested so far, whether it's one car cups or multi car fields. Strength is at 97 +/- 3% n aggression is 90 +/- 5%.

And thank you for looking into this. The Barber Track really does deserve a proper working AI in AC

Well more specific car/class identification would be helpful. I can't test every car that is available. When you say "multi car fields" are you mixing car classes? Multi-class racing has never worked well with the ai in AC...

I've retested the VRC Formula North America 2012 and 2018 versions, Kunos GT3's, Mazda MX 5 Cup, and Porsche Cayman Clubsport with short races, and did not have any incidents in turn one. These races were set at 100% strength and aggression. I did have a collision in the first chicane with the VRC 2018 but they still finished the race. I retested again at a 50% aggression setting, and they finished with no collisions. This is not to say you will never have an accident in turn one, but VRC and Kunos cars seemed to be fine in my short race testing.

Please check your installation. What you are saying does not sound right. Reducing your aggression settings may help with only a very tiny impact on fast lap time.

Yes, meant multi and single car classes.
Did you retest with VRC's AI or with yours? As I did a retest with the VRC-AI and the result was ok, just had saw one little crash with the tail-happy BMW M1 S3. I'm using Content Manager and isn't its AI a bit different than the original AC?

I retested the ai I created with the cars mentioned. Slower cars may be fine with the original ai that came with the track. My whole reason for creating a different ai was mainly for the VRC Formula North America Indy cars.

Great to see someone made new ai lines for this track, always wanted to do some myself but haven't managed, yet. Will give yours a try this weekend!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back