AI Feedback Thread

It's always useful to hear if certain track / car / difficulty settings result in issues. So if you have issues at a certain combination then please report here.

Please report using the following template:

Car Used:
Track & Layout Used:
AI Difficulty:
AI Aggression:
Comments:

If there is a correlation in reports, then we can look at tweaking things :)

Are you sure? I can't recreate this at all. Just did a test session and no problems at all...
Yes, Alex, unfortunately I am 100% sure:

Few proofs:
grab_001p3lw0.jpg

grab_00229l0s.jpg

grab_003aoam1.jpg

Maybe AI is trying to get out from pits from behind, I don't know :p

Alex im not sure if you saw my drafting AI thread. But im sure im not the only player who's seen this. But can you adjust the AI so they come out of the slipstream earlier to overtake.

There aren't any parameters I have control of that effect that.

Don't want to take this conversation down a dead end with incorrect knowledge, but isn't 'ai draft stickiness' in the aiw something to do with this? Or is that just red herring?

Don't want to take this conversation down a dead end with incorrect knowledge, but isn't 'ai draft stickiness' in the aiw something to do with this? Or is that just red herring?

Hmm, I missed that when I checked - it's right at the bottom beneath the usual things I tweak! However it appears to be generally undocumented or no longer implemented, however some investigation would hurt. My guess is it might have been aimed at oval racing at one time tho.

Car Used: Mini and Copa de Marcas
Track & Layout Used: BA #8 (although I am guessing it would apply also to #6?)
AI Difficulty: 103%
AI Aggression: 25%
Comments: In turn 3 (the slow uphill left-hander, called "Confiteria") the cars seem particularly slow. They lose quite a bit of time there, and in general, on all the rest of the track they are pretty racey.

Aside from that, about the draft thing, I believe it is a code thing. In any straight, if you have an AI behind, all you do is just move a little bit from the edge of the track (leaving some space, but just not enough for the AI car to fit), the AI will remain behind you, and never move to overtake.
I think it is probably one of the bigger things where AI could be improved. If they would be able to sway from one side to the other looking for clean air to try to make a move on you, so you are forced to defend the inside line, races would be much, much better.

By the way, amazing the way you guys get involved with the community and search for feedback. I am sure we all appreciate it.

Congratulation on an amazing job

Hi;

Car Used: Stock V8 2014
Track & Layout Used: Montreal Historic
AI Difficulty: 90 % [or it might be 85 % i can;t remember, I am in a championship with re-ordered rFm to include all your tracks, and been a wile since i set it up].
AI Aggression: 30 %
Fuel x2
Tyres x 2
Laps - 30.

Comments; with 100 % full tank, estimated laps was 13 in garage. I conserved some in the race as i had a good flow, still needed to pit on lap 12/13. A.I was literally coasting like a granny on a sunday drive after 6 laps or so, went 23 laps before pitting.

I have noticded in other races at Montreal that they have been bad on this track on x2 tyre wear/ x2 fuel for more than 26 laps. They should obviously push hard and pit twice, or pit once on lap 15 conserving fuel like other official tracks.

I have the replay if you'd like it.

if this is the same has rfactor aiw maybe the garage parameter's lines are too big.the default lines are usally 2.5 i see the velopark is set to 4.65 causing them to take a wider line.

or the garage off line markers are not set.also if this is a new/patched track have they removed the old HAT file has the game loads this after first initialize to save on re_initialing it every time.

Last edited:
Car Used: Marcas Toyota Corolla
Track & Layout Used: Buenos Aires 8
AI Difficulty: 100
AI Aggression: 25
Type of Start: Formation/Standing
Comments: AI totally confused and crazy on formation lap.

I wanted to do a formation lap before racing against the AI, starting in last place (28). In the formation lap, the AI went totally crazy, crashing into each other, spinning around, crashing into me while catching up to the field. When reaching the Start line, there was just a big pile of cars and it seemed like everyone was totally confused how to reach their starting position. When skipping the formation lap, everything and the race were fine, so its not a big issue, just kind of funny to watch :D

Car Used: Retro
Track & Layout Used: Johann Historic
AI Difficulty: 90
Comments: AI seems to really have issues with control into turn 1 and few others, mostly the high speed ones. If I can match the AI in sectors 2 and 3 at this difficulty I am half a second faster than ALL of them in the first sector entirely because of the wheel spin and opposite lock that they all do. Its like watching someone trying to impress the crowds at the Nurburgring.

Car Used: Formula Reiza
Track & Layout Used: Spielberg Historic
AI Difficulty: 90
Comments: Cars are very slow the uphill right hander that leads onto the straight into Bosch Kurve. Like really really slow. You can be a very reasonable distance back of them and without even trying rear end one. They look like they're braking way too much given the downforce they have.

Game Stock Car Extreme v 1.25.2

Car Used: Karts 125cc and Shifter
Track & Layout Used: Ortona 1 and 2 (Probably 3 and 4 since the sector with problems is part of all layouts.)
AI Difficulty: 100% to 120%
AI Aggression: 25% (Default)
Comments: After the 2nd turn (2nd sector - based on the layout 1 and 2), the AIs leave the track several times, especially when they are close to each other.

Cheers

The problem still continues in this latest version.

Car Used: Formula V12
Track & Layout Used: Montreal Historic
AI Difficulty: 92-102%
AI Aggression: 25%
Comments: Cars just seem to skid around a lot through turns. You can hear them gunning their engines like rapid foot tapping on the throttle as they yaw. It seems to happen at quite a few chicanes but its very prominent at turns 9/10 chicane.

Car Used: Any
Track & Layout Used: Any
AI Difficulty: 92-95%
AI Aggression: 25-90%

My main problem with the AI is the same one that was present in rFactor, so I don't know if this is hard-coded, but whenever an AI tries to pass on the inside, ~70% of the time they will be too 'polite' to complete the pass. If the track has esses, they'll continue to run side-by-side for a long time, with whichever car on the inside lane of each corner slowing way down, and both are slowed as a result. I thought this might be an aggression thing, but changes there seemed to make the AI no more decisive.

I'm very familiar with GTR2 and GTL, which are also gMotor-based, and they seem much better at this one aspect. Of course the AI there are more primitive than GSC's in every other way.

Also: awesome thread, I've never seen this level of community interaction by a developer. The AI in this game is already top-notch relative to almost every other game out there, and the aim of making it better is inspiring.

Car Used: SuoerV8
Track & Layout Used: Montreal modern
AI Difficulty:?
AI Aggression:100
Comments: Last chicane before the pit straight AI do a little wiggle, looks like to avoid a corridor over the ripple strip maybe? Its a shame there isn't an AIW editor like there is for rFactor, makes a big difference to off-line racing having good AIW, I used to redo every AIW in rfactor and had some really good results. With the AI, set courtesy to 0, stops them all of a sudden jumping out of the way when you come up behind them (never known a race car driver to be that courteous ever!) The other big thing I see is driver names not matching the .rcd file names, won't work!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years