AI Feedback Thread

It's always useful to hear if certain track / car / difficulty settings result in issues. So if you have issues at a certain combination then please report here.

Please report using the following template:

Car Used:
Track & Layout Used:
AI Difficulty:
AI Aggression:
Comments:

If there is a correlation in reports, then we can look at tweaking things :)

Spielburg (spelling)
Metalmoro
AI 100% aggression 20%

I have noticed the damaged AI cars (missing wings) will still stay on the racing line and allow other AI cars to plow into them. They will not move off the racing line even if they are 2-5 seconds slower than the cars coming up on them.

Also, they are really impressive through the turn at the top of the hill. It seems like they can get off that turn much faster than I as a player can (also noticed this on a few youtube videos.)

Formula Vee
Buenois Aires (the long but not super long track, I forget the number)
AI 100% aggression 20%

On the sweeper corner into the long straight toward the end of the lap, the AI seem to run wide and go off the track fairly regularly and then they reenter with no care for the other cars on the track causing massive pile ups.

I'd like to report something about the AI, but a general issue, not like a specific car or track. I feel the cars are terribly slow in the first lap of the races, after this they gain speed and sometimes start to do supernatural things, like, for example, getting a very fast lap with worn tires
And I also notice that the AI sometimes has way too long pitstops, mainly when it comes to modern F1 cars

Car Used: V8
Track & Layout Used: Goiania
AI Difficulty: 100
AI Aggression: 60
Comments: A funny bug, I was on pole and on the middle of the formation lap (rolling start) the car behind me(2nd) decided to pass me AND the safety car until he vanished. He continued the race and finished first with the difference he gained of this.

Car Used: V8
Track & Layout Used: Goiania
AI Difficulty: 100
AI Aggression: 60
Comments: A funny bug, I was on pole and on the middle of the formation lap (rolling start) the car behind me(2nd) decided to pass me AND the safety car until he vanished. He continued the race and finished first with the difference he gained of this.

I'm not from Reiza, but do note that they always recommend leaving AI Aggression at 25% (the default value).

Spielberg
Formula Classics
AI 100%
Aggression 10%
Damage 100%

There's some trouble at the pit entrance here - the racing is truly excellent until it's time to pit. Tested and seen in several races - when pitting starts, the cars entering the pits go through the last right hander before the pits, but often stay out slightly wide, slowing down in the path of cars that are still racing.

Meanwhile, the cars that are not pitting try to take the inside line through the bend, barging into the slowing cars, often resulting in collisions and damage.

It would be great if the pitting line could be made tighter to the right, and the racing line maybe moved just slightly outwards away from the apex, might encourage them to overtake on the outside when faced with a pitting car in front of them.

hmm, well there is a pit line before the penultimate turn that they have to keep too, but I'll take a look, I'm not keen about moving the optimal racing line, this sounds like collision avoidance issues whilst on different lines... which I've seen issues with elsewhere in different circumstance (half the problems with the fretro is they're super wide and bang into each other with the back wheels), but that isn't an AIW solution but a coding solution....

Thanks Alex, I appreciate what you're saying about the racing line, it's a difficult one. Maybe it would be enough to just keep the pitters racing on the same line till they get just past the apex, or get them into the right hand side a bit earlier & tighter, the problems start when they drift out or slow down at the apex. Thanks for looking :)
(edited as it didn't make sense the way I wrote it first)

Last edited:
Spielberg
Formula Classic
AI 100%
Aggression 10%
Damage 100%

I noticed the same two cars were always starting the race at the back of the grid.
Took me a while to see that the reason is there is a problem for the AI that are parked in the compound at the end of pit lane. The AI leaving this compound are colliding with the safety car as they exit, sometimes they get away without damage, but more often they lose their front wing as they hit the safety car. (so as a result these same cars are always qualifying at the back of the grid).

Speilburg
AI: 100%
Aggression 25%
Metalmoro

AI on the very last corner tend to clip the curbing and flip or go wide coming back on the track without paying attention to the other cars exiting the corner. Seems that the AI car in front of me will hit the curb and get loose every few laps.

Not just the ai, but instead of starting a new thread I thought I could mention here, the rental karts and 4 stroke race karts get stuck on the grass at interlagos. I know they don't have a ton of power but I don't think it is too accurate to get stuck that way either.

Car Used: MetalMoro MR18
Track & Layout Used: Taruma
AI Difficulty: Any
AI Aggression: 25% (but probably any)
Comments: AI cars are not able to leave the pits properly. They do all sort of things: reversing, crashing into pit-walls etc.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%