Physics AI Drift .ini Manipulation

Hey all,

So I been looking for answers to the question "can ai drift?". Of course the answer is no, but there are ways that I've seen in two videos, made by others to manipulate the ai within the cars ai.ini and tyres.ini files to get slip and counter-steer. Only info I've seen is that one user edit the tyres.ini for more slip angle for longitudinal and lateral forces, permitted slip raise in ai.ini, and different tire psi low/front-high/rear. Besides ai spline editing, does anyone have any settings to make this happen? What values would have to be changed? Any info would be appreciated thanks. :geek:

Links for posted projects on YT from others. Shout-out if you here!

Apologies for responding 3 years late, but the author of the 2nd linked video actually made a set of *stuff, for something like "Takumi challenge" which includes the set of modified tires (iirc ProjectD Drift tires) that allow AI to be able to do pull some mad skids. Hopefully you can make it out of the attached GIF, but the taxi Crown flying past me is actually sideways (and driven by AI)

Edit: I found the link to the video

Edit 2: I compared the project d *rear tires.ini to a set of regular tires and found that the only major difference was the "Friction Angle Limit" was much higher, 9.3 vs 58.6. It increasing the value (up to 90, otherwise it stops working or doesnt do anything at all) makes the car behave more loose.

Attachments

• tinyAItest.gif
    tinyAItest.gif
    981 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back