F1 2013 AI difficulty vs driving aids??

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
With driving aids on I can get good results with professional AI. Is it worth my while to turn all AIDs off and perhaps even race amateur AI while I get used to it?

I remember when i first try F1 2010 i play with easier ai with most assists but when 2011 come legend difficulty is the only level i like to play, so I believe the question is not worth or not but if whether one really want more challenge or not because everyone will sure learning and improving in the process unless their are too dumb or too stupid :)

In F1 2013 that might be quite a challenge as assists actually increase your tyre wear (for example if you just press the throttle all the way down with TC activated you won't get wheel spin but the game will register as such and the rear tyre wear will increase. Same with ABS - you might not visually lock your wheels but if you just press the break fully and/or steer while it's pressed your front tyre wear will increase). My advice is to turn off the TC and ABS (and auto gears if you can) but keep the racing line for now. You'll improve much faster pace-wise if you manage to adapt to no assists.

With driving aids on I can get good results with professional AI. Is it worth my while to turn all AIDs off and perhaps even race amateur AI while I get used to it?

This really comes down to a question of what you want to get out of your F1 2013 experience.... If you want to have a challenge and improve your game driving skills than for sure you should turn the assists off. It will be tricky at first, but the rewards are much greater.
However, if you're just looking for some fun occasionally then you might not have the time to devote to learning to drive without the assists. iIn that case just leave them on and have fun.

For me, the decision was easy. F1 2011 was the only game that i was playing and I was spending anywhere from 8-16 hours a week on it. It only made sense to drop the assists and get the most out of the game that i could, and it has been quite rewarding over the past 2.5 years :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%