Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events

Do you race online?

• Yes

Votes: 432 62.9%
  • No

Votes: 255 37.1%

AI difficulty setting

Shawn Jacobs

Premium
Hi all

I've got tomorrow off work and plan on starting a new championship.

Haven't played the game for a while since I didn't really like the adaptive AI, however now that a difficulty setting has been introduced I'm keen to give it another go (especially now 2014 has been released)

What I would like to know is if anyone has any tips on what is the most realistic AI setting? Is 100 pretty much a match for the real life dtm times or does another rate match closer?

And second to this on get real with a racing wheel (fanatec gt3rs) is it possible to run at irl times or do you have to be an alien?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Forget about real. For the best experience adjust the AI to your level. If they drive about your times, everything will be grand. If they are 3 seconds faster they might bump you often times and as much as people like to blame the AI for that I think it is a User error.

Shawn Jacobs

Premium
I didn't end up playing it for too long, set the ai to 100 had some competive races but need to work on my oversteer coming out of sweeping bends, have a tendenacie to be a bit too heavy on the throttle and slide it into the fence....

I only have 2013, started playing it yesterday, not sure how much difference that makes:

I do about 1:35.1 in the race at Hockenheim, and 91% is a pretty good match for my pace.

It's a bit pointless setting it at realistic laptimes if you're 2 seconds off the pace, like me - since the AI from 1 to 21 are doing the same pace basically, so you'll drop 1.5-2 seconds off the rear of the pack and not have any fun doing it.

Quick question: I just did the leaderboard challenge at Hockenheim, and I managed a 1:33.60, and that's obviously without DRS.

However, in the race I can only do a 1:34.8(my new PB). Is this normal? Does it mean the game does indeed add fuel of some kind, as I have not seen any options relating to this anywhere.

But the AI seems to do pretty much the same speed, whether it be race or quali.

leaderboard challenge sets all aspects of the physics to optimum /tyre /brake temps/ track etc ...
no damage to gears/engine etc

this can be an advantage /car dependant but basically can be anything from a few tenths to second again track dependant ...
this is in my experience anyway and looking at tyre temps using addon software etc

Andi

Latest articles