AI cars stopping for fuel too soon.

If I have say a simple race with 15 cars at the Highland track, the AI cars always seem to have to stop for fuel with only 1 or 2 laps to go. Usually only have a 10 lap race too so I know they can go farther.
Is there any way to give them enough fuel so they can always go to the end of the race ?
BTW Highlands is a fantastic place to race with the Skippy !

I have found that the AI does unnecessary pitstops in Race mode, but does better in a weekend. I gather from some research online that the AI needs to run a few laps of practice and/or qualifying to then properly calculate fuel usage for race. It is unable to do that in a quick race.

Well that explains a lot, weird the AI has a problem with that in quick race and it hasn't been addressed.
Its frustrating to have a great race with the AI and then with 1 lap to go everyone pits.

Can you actually shut off fuel usage for AI cars, so fuel isn't an issue.
I can confirm that changing fuel usage rate in the assists.ini file affects both the player and AI cars. But i tried only to improve fuel consumption, never tried to reduce it to zero.

If reducing it to zero doesn't turn fuel consumption off, then the only way is reducing the number of laps. The AI doesn't pit properly in this game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%