AI cars Missing External Sounds

I've been trying to put together mixed class WEC and IMSA grids in AC through various DLC, mods etc and I'm running into an issue where several AI cars are missing their external sounds. I'm seeing this in the Lambo Hurican GT3, Porsche RSR, Porsche GT3R and Audi R8 GT3 2016.

Oddly enough when I load up a test session where I'm piloting one of these cars the sounds work perfectly fine. Also, when I load a single make test session with say exclusively GT3Rs, or R8s my car's sounds and the AI's sounds work perfectly.

Has anybody else experienced this? It's super odd and I haven't been able to put my figure on what could be causing it.

Just a guess but if you're using mods one of them might be using the sound from one of the Kunos cars you're using, which will cause conflicts although I've not tested this to see what conflicts it causes - as I say, just a guess.

Only other thing I can think of is the older mods sound problem, which is usually most apparent in a lack of external sound.

If an old mod car has no external sound .... never replace the latest original sounds by an older AC sounds version ...
Else, OK your old mods might have all sounds working.... but the original AC ones no longer.

The only good solution is using Content Manager and replace the sounds of an older mod car by the sounds of an original AC car.... quicker and easier than maybe succeeding to do it manually.

I initially thought that modded cars might be causing an issue, so I did an experiment. I loaded up several Kunos GTE/GT3 cars- no mod cars. Still had the issue with the Porsches, Audis and Lambos.

Weird huh?

If I were you ... I'd run a "Check files integrity" in Steam for AC.
Original cars have all sounds .... surely a mod caused problems in your game and this operation should be the solution to have those original sounds back.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%