AI cars do not leave after pitstop

I just returned to GTR2 ( mainly PnG ) and I know from the past that there was an issue with the AI not returning to join the race after they make a pitstop.

I seem to remember there was a solution for this issue, but I can not find it anymore...

Perhaps someone here who can help ? This bug is annoying, as for the longer races more than 70% of all AI have DNF due to this...

Thank you in advance for your help.

The bug in gtr2 Reborn is in .ENG file : the first lines are not negatives so it is not possible to turn off engine and refueling is not possible so cars are stuck in pits :(

I will try to reproduce your issue in png : which track, which cars, how many laps ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and possible fix !

Can you tell me where I can find the .ENG file(s) ? And how many lines should be changed ?

I noticed the bug while doing the 24h Spa race 2003 and 2004. I have to check the cars involved, but at the end of the 24h, only 8 out of 55 AI cars were competing. After the 1st pit stops most of the retirements occurred due to this bug.

Not sure if your bug is the same as gtr2 reborn but to fix Reborn porsche gt3 cup :
- go to bmw m3 gtr teams folder
- open m3gtr.eng file with notepad
- copy the first lines from 0 to 500rpm
- go to 996 cup folder
- open 996cup.eng with notepad
- replace the same first lines from 0 to 500rpm
- save file and check in game

Engine file is not only for ai but driver too : drive the reborn porsche gt3 cup and I assure that you will be stuck in pits like ai because refueling is impossible.

Which png3 cars suffer from this issue ?
You spoke about 2003 24h spa so that is not png3 mod ???

I will check tonight which cars suffer from this issue. I do have PnG3 and I did the 24h Spa race, but I have to check if it is Spa 2003 or Spa 2004 circuit layout. I come back to this later when I have checked.

Here's an example of the BMW M3 GTR and Porsche 996 Cup

// 500hp @7800 rpm. 499nm torque@6500
RPMTorque=( 0 , -58.40 , -58.00 )
RPMTorque=( 250 , -33.00 , -10 )

And here's the Porsche

//996 GT3 Cup - 390hp @ 7200rpm - 380nm @ 6250rpm
RPMTorque=( 0 , -58.40 , -58.00 )
RPMTorque=( 250 , -33.00 , -10 )

They are the same and the bold numbers are all negative.
Check if those 2 lines are also negative in the .ENG file of the car making problem.

If those numbers are also negative ... the problem should be elsewhere. :(

Yep those negatives values are good in stock gt3 cup but not in Reborn mod were the first line is :
RPMTorque=(750, -22, 90)

So turning engine off is impossible for many cars in Reborn mod...

Last edited:
My problem with the AI is that they go into the pits just after a few Laps in the race and don't come out anymore. You can see them stationary in the pitbox, not in the pitlane where you normally make a pitstop.

I did a 24h race at Spa 2004 lay-out ( Standard track, no add-on ) with PnG3. The cars that have this issue already in the 1st 10 Laps were:

Giulia 1600 GTA SA, car no. 68050
Mustang ATCC, car no. 6601A
Lotus Elite, car no. 60043
E-type Coupe, car no. 62008
Porsche 906 carrera 6/8, car no. 6605P
Corvette C2 Z06, car no. 62000

In the .ENG files of the corresponding cars, all data in the first lines weer negative like 0.0, -18.4, -58.0.

But the second and 3rd lines do have positive figuren like 250, -22.0, 100.0.

Should I change these?

I will check the cars you've quoted and send you a possible fix to test.
On your side what you can try is to check the reason of those stops at the end of the race : the game tells you line by line what happened.
Another idea is to restart same race to see if the same cars stop at quite the same time.

Thank you for your help so far GTR233.

The AI cars make their stops from lap 2-3 and do not return to the track, so already in the beginning of the race. How can I see those mentioned info from the game ( line by line ) ?

I will start a new race and see whether the same cars stop or not ( I will test it tomorrow evening - today I have no time unfortunatelly ).

I realise this is an old thread, but I am having the same issue with vanilla GTR2, on Spa 2004 - at the end of the first stint with the default 2004 24 hours grid, around 15 of the AI cars get stuck in the pits and teleport to the garage.

From reading around the forum I understand this can often happen either because of a problem with the .ENG files of the cars, or with the track’s AIW file. I assume that because this is the vanilla game, the ENG files are all ok, and so it must be an issue with the AIW file. This issue doesn’t happen on Spa 2003 so I’ve tried to compare the two AIW files to see if there is an obvious difference causing the problem, but I’ve never modded the game before so I don’t really know what I’m doing.

Does anyone have a solution?

Drive one of the cars yourself, in practice is fine, and do pit stops; if you have no issue with the same car then it is an AI issue. I've never had problems with default cars and default tracks; but AI teleporting from the pits is a sign they cannot move on their own. Watch the AI closely in the pits, do they move at all or just sit there immobile til they disappear?

Thanks for your reply - I’ve done a bit more testing.

When the AI cars get stuck in the pits, they are in reverse gear with wheels turned fully right. It seems to affect mainly the Ferrari 575s, Vipers and Porsches. The Ferraris are able to move backwards very slowly but still get teleported.

I did a race at Spa 04 with Vipers only (44 car field) and they all got stuck in the pits except those with pit stalls on the straight before La Source i.e. not on the hill. Those ones still struggled to get out of the pit box, but once in the pit lane they sped up no problem.

When I’m driving a Viper myself, I can make a stop no problem, and the same is true when I hand over to my AI co-driver - they can get out as well.

Does this mean they don’t have enough torque at low revs to get out of the pit box? I’m surprised there is any issue at all since this is the default cars and default Spa 04.

except those with pit stalls on the straight before La Source i.e. not on the hill.

This seems to be an issue with some cars at some tracks with pits on a hill; I've encountered it with several default and mod cars at one of the Charade tracks, cars at either end of the pits get out fine, ones near the center (top of the hill) move slightly back and forth, disappear, reappear a couple of minutes later and repeat. Nothing I tried helped (editing pit spots in the AIW file, editing low end torque of the eng files, etc.). The solution apparently involves editing the track 3D files themselves, something beyond my capabilities.

Does this mean they don’t have enough torque at low revs to get out of the pit box
This helps in some cases, usually where the car doesn't want to exit the pits at any track. Bump the power a little between idle and around 2500rpm, this gets them moving without materially affecting race performance. (Tom's Engine Shop makes this much easier than editing in notepad.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back