AI behaviour before pitting

Hi,

I have noticed that, when the AI is in its last lap before pitting, it will not overtake any other car, even very slower cars from other classes. I am trying to race at Le Mans with URD PX1 and P2 and GTEs from Endurancers. And the LMP1 will do an entire lap behind a GTE car before pitting.

Is there any antidote for this?...

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Slowdive. I can have a great time in RF2 multiclass races, as far as can work around or ignore the afore mentioned issues. In Le Mans, one thing I did was to carefully setup the cars of the LMP1 class I was racing (editing HDV files...) so they would call for the pits only when they get to the Porsche curves. Not a perfect solution (and pain to get it right), but still better than nothing.

Interesting. How did you do that? Sounds complicated.

I would give Automobilista a try, but I'm seriously addicted to the VR at this point. And you're right, there probably isn't any game that totally captures the tactics of a championship, but I still like the idea that if I've fallen far behind in a race, I keep pushing to try and get as many points as possible. I just like that it gives more of a purpose to each race.

Was thinking of reinstalling rf2 and purchasing endurance pack and sebring but not after reading this thread. saved me some money, cheers.
Too bad this deters you because rF2 still reins as the best of the best AI hands down and Sebring with the Endurance Pack is awesome fun and truely in a league of it's own!!

After S397 finish up on their present obligations i truely believe they will begin addressing some of these AI issues since they must be aware of the huge single player interests.

Last edited:
Was thinking of reinstalling rf2 and purchasing endurance pack and sebring but not after reading this thread. saved me some money, cheers.

LOL because there is currently no other choice than rF2 for this combo with AI and a laserscanned Sebring. The next best option is iRacing, but you wouldn't have any AI (at this time).

Yes, we all make choices based on our personal desires. Like I'm not buying ACC until there is triple monitor Multiview support.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back