AI behaviour before pitting

Hi,

I have noticed that, when the AI is in its last lap before pitting, it will not overtake any other car, even very slower cars from other classes. I am trying to race at Le Mans with URD PX1 and P2 and GTEs from Endurancers. And the LMP1 will do an entire lap behind a GTE car before pitting.

Is there any antidote for this?...

Thanks in advance.

Yeah I've noticed this too. I might be wrong, but in the more recent builds they seem to be a little more aggressive on their in lap. Haven't found any fix for this unfortunately. I presume it is hard coded into the AI behavior, Would be nice if they fixed this.

Sure, because it is very annoying, basically breaking long races. For this particular race I am trying to configure the cars in my class so they just “realize” they have to pit when close to the pit. Not sure yet it is going to work, but hopefully will reduce the impact. But I certainly will not be able to do this all the time, for every race/car/track…

Strange thing is, in some corners they manage to pass slower cars. But they don't do it in the long straights. I am racing in le mans, and the lmp1 will drive behind gts in the entire mulsane straight, but they do pass on tight corner at the end of it.... go figure. Same after the arnage, they stay behind the slower car the entire straight and pass just before the Porsches curves.

Strange thing is, in some corners they manage to pass slower cars. But they don't do it in the long straights. I am racing in le mans, and the lmp1 will drive behind gts in the entire mulsane straight, but they do pass on tight corner at the end of it.... go figure. Same after the arnage, they stay behind the slower car the entire straight and pass just before the Porsches curves.

Does this happen on Official tracks have you noticed? and is the above still referring to the Pit In lap?

Yes this refers to the pit in lap. This specific point, about passing only in specific track sections in the pit in lap, I have only noticed in a version of le mans. Could you please point out a good official track for me to test? I don't think it is the case, but if this is mod related I would like to know what is different about this track I am using, so I could try to fix it.

@Luciano Santos Filho
Did you see this bug in other tracks too , or just it's the leman 2017 's bug ?
(AIW maybe?)
I have seen this happening in le mans 2017 and nurburgring 24hs track. I would love to find out that this is an AIW issue so I could fix it (have fixed other problems in this le mans tank). But I find this hard to believe since it happens only in the pit in lap. Every other lap the ai behaves very well, dealing with traffic very convincingly.

Yes this refers to the pit in lap. This specific point, about passing only in specific track sections in the pit in lap, I have only noticed in a version of le mans. Could you please point out a good official track for me to test? I don't think it is the case, but if this is mod related I would like to know what is different about this track I am using, so I could try to fix it.

Any official track is fine although Silverstone is an obvious choice, thanks :)

Hi,

I have noticed that, when the AI is in its last lap before pitting, it will not overtake any other car, even very slower cars from other classes. I am trying to race at Le Mans with URD PX1 and P2 and GTEs from Endurancers. And the LMP1 will do an entire lap behind a GTE car before pitting.

Is there any antidote for this?...

Thanks in advance.
I tested Studio-397 "Silverstone GT" layout using their Endurance Pack.
Refer to my newer Post #28 for further test analysis!

Last edited:
Ace king thanks a lot. Now, do you know what exactly could be wrong with the aiw, so I could try to fix it?
I been working on track AIW's since rF1 came out in "2005" then transfered right into rF2 so hopefully with my knowledge this issue can be resolved without needing to start from scratch but i'am guessing the latter will probably be necessary.

Over the years i discovered that sometimes track modders when converting tracks will use the original AIW and make only minor adjustments to save valuable time instead of making a completely brand new AIW which produces far better results with a much improved AI but at the cost of being very time consuming!

Also, if the proper steps in making a new AIW were not done in the proper sequence this can sometimes cause adverse effects!

Refer to my newer Post #28 for further test analysis!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back