AI : Almost managed to do it !

You go into steam/steamapps/common/assetto corsa/system/data/se (stands for special event). There you delete all events (it wont delete them from ur game dont worry). This prevents conflicts between the special event.ini and these files we can't edit.

Then, to modify a .ini, u go to assetto corsa mainfolder/content/specialevents/ ==> Here u got the special events.

U can edit the event.ini and fiddle with settings by trial and error until you get it right.

For now I've been only able to spawn an AI that was Drag racing (Straight into the first corner of Magione ^^= but maybe you guys can do better.

Few more hints :

in [RACE] you can change the track

[SESSION 0] has also very different outcomes.

To be on the grid and not spawn the car in the air, I managed to find that SPAWN_SET has to be equal to START.

==>
SPAWN_SET=START (and not PIT like in drag mode because drag maps seem to use pits as spawns)

Hope u guys will crack it and share the information, unlike the two/three morons that are teasing us with videos since yesterday... (gosh I hate this..)

Just wonder has anyone who has raced against the AI car experienced any fps drops at all, even little ones. One poster has said it was "stable" but that doesn't tell if there was a drop from no cars on track.

I'm switching broadband providers in the next few days so don't want to screw up my installation if something goes wrong I may be AC-less for a while as Irish broadband transfers usually mean a screwup.

I'm running triples on a 6970m 1gb and only just managing 50-60fps so wondering how the AI cars may effect me. Cheers.

I have put a full grid of GT cars at Monza and maintain 60FPS (39 when they all light the tyres at start because of smoke) as soon as on the move then im back at 60fps.

Settings

AF 16X
AA 4X
Shadows Medium
Frame lock 60
HDR off
Triples 5300 x 1050
Cubes low
faces 2

Ai's looks more CPU demanding then GPU ... my Phenom II 2 x 3800 totally bottlenecked HD7850 1GB with more then 6 AI's ... without AI's CPU runs pretty cool ... so i guees if you have a high-end CPU the FPS drop wont be radical ... would be interesting to see how much FPS drop people with high-end CPU's get

Since you have a high-end pc ...

can you test without FPS lock and tell howm much you get with no AI and with full grid at Monza ? If you can tell the CPU and GPU % differences with a monitor software will be perfect to see how much GPU vs CPU is AI taking

this will help me a lot to choose my new cpu when upgrading

I shall do it this evening when the wife goes to bed, will be about 3 hours from now if thats ok with you Jorge? Will be very interesting indeed.

I have put a full grid of GT cars at Monza and maintain 60FPS (39 when they all light the tyres at start because of smoke) as soon as on the move then im back at 60fps.

Settings

AF 16X
AA 4X
Shadows Medium
Frame lock 60
HDR off
Triples 5300 x 1050
Cubes low
faces 2
Simon thanks so much for the info. Thats frankly bloody amazing and makes me hopeful that even at this early unoptimized stage in the sims development I won't need to spend another 2k on a new system to play with a full grid.

Hear that PCars, I don't need a separate gpu per opponent. Reality check.

PS: I looked though the like, dislike, agree etc but winner won out. Cheers.

Simon thanks so much for the info. Thats frankly bloody amazing and makes me hopeful that even at this early unoptimized stage in the sims development I won't need to spend another 2k on a new system to play with a full grid.

Hear that PCars, I don't need a separate gpu per opponent. Reality check.

PS: I looked though the like, dislike, agree etc but winner won out. Cheers.

No problem Juris, I am very happy with the way it is too, Aris has said the AI needs optimising too and isn't functioning correctly (obviously) so i think it will be great by 1.0.

Hopefully MP will be even better as its only the models and not the physics calcs to contend with, but thats for a different thread.

I have tested the performance at Silversone. When I was alone at the start/finish line I got about 100-105 FPS (single screen, Full HD, world detail max, GTX 650Ti); with 22 AI cars plus myself at the very back the number of FPS hovered between 45-50, so you can expect about a 50% performance drop as things stand now, which is not bad, considering that a) the start of the race is when you lose FPS most, b) Kunos will probably further optimize the cars towards better performance (various models yield various results, as I said I got about 45-50 FPS on average, but with the F40s the number went as low as 18-20, so there's room for improvement I think) and c) we will likely get the option to set the opponents' cars details manually, because I can't see why not :).

hope we get option too disable smoke n dust as it a big fps killer for those wi less powerful systems

navigate to ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg, you'll find a file called tyre_smoke.
Inside it we can find this:

Code:
[SETTINGS]
EMISSIVE_BLEND=0.7
VELOCITY_BASE=0,0,0
VELOCITY_RANDOM=1,1,1
SIZE_BASE=1,1
SIZE_RANDOM=0.02,0.02
COLOR_BASE=1,1,1
COLOR_RANDOM=0.1,0.1,0.1
DRAG_BASE=0.1
DRAG_RANDOM=0.0
GRAVITY_BASE=0.1
GRAVITY_RANDOM=0.01
OPACITY_BASE=0.3
OPACITY_RANDOM=0.2
OPACITY_VELOCITY_BASE=-0.1
OPACITY_VELOCITY_RANDOM=0.005
SIZE_VELOCITY_BASE=0.3,0.3
SIZE_VELOCITY_RANDOM=0.1,0.1
VELOCITY_ROTATION_AXIS_RANDOM=0
FREQUENCY_HZ=30

[TRIGGERS]
SLIP_LEVEL=0.8

The [TRIGGERS] entry defines how soon the smoke appears, the bigger the number the more you can slide the car around/lock the wheels without smoke being displayed. Setting it to 15 switches it off altogether, if I remember correctly.

You may also want to experiment with the SIZE_BASE=1,1 entry, by the look of it it defines the amount/density (?) of the smoke, it would be sensible to assume that the smaller the number the less smoke there is, but I've never put it to the test.

There are two more files in there, tyre_smoke_grass and tyre_pieces_grass, they could be experimented with as well.

Last edited:
Since you have a high-end pc ...

can you test without FPS lock and tell how much you get with no AI and with full grid at Monza ? If you can tell the CPU and GPU % differences with a monitor software will be perfect to see how much GPU vs CPU is AI taking

this will help me a lot to choose cpu when upgrading

With no AI and my settings at Monza i get 160fps, with full grid i get 75 fps, all unlocked.

Figures below all with full Ai grid -

GPU Uses 2003mb RAM
RAM uses 4900mb max

CPU cores -

0 = 76% max
1 = 45% max
2 = 45% max
3 = 84% max

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%