AI : Almost managed to do it !

You go into steam/steamapps/common/assetto corsa/system/data/se (stands for special event). There you delete all events (it wont delete them from ur game dont worry). This prevents conflicts between the special event.ini and these files we can't edit.

Then, to modify a .ini, u go to assetto corsa mainfolder/content/specialevents/ ==> Here u got the special events.

U can edit the event.ini and fiddle with settings by trial and error until you get it right.

For now I've been only able to spawn an AI that was Drag racing (Straight into the first corner of Magione ^^= but maybe you guys can do better.

Few more hints :

in [RACE] you can change the track

[SESSION 0] has also very different outcomes.

To be on the grid and not spawn the car in the air, I managed to find that SPAWN_SET has to be equal to START.

==>
SPAWN_SET=START (and not PIT like in drag mode because drag maps seem to use pits as spawns)

Hope u guys will crack it and share the information, unlike the two/three morons that are teasing us with videos since yesterday... (gosh I hate this..)

You go into steam/steamapps/common/assetto corsa/system/data/se (stands for special event). There you delete all events (it wont delete them from ur game dont worry). This prevents conflicts between the special event.ini and these files we can't edit.

Then, to modify a .ini, u go to assetto corsa mainfolder/content/specialevents/ ==> Here u got the special events.

U can edit the event.ini and fiddle with settings by trial and error until you get it right.

For now I've been only able to spawn an AI that was Drag racing (Straight into the first corner of Magione ^^= but maybe you guys can do better.

Few more hints :

in [RACE] you can change the track

[SESSION 0] has also very different outcomes.

To be on the grid and not spawn the car in the air, I managed to find that SPAWN_SET has to be equal to START.

==>
SPAWN_SET=START (and not PIT like in drag mode because drag maps seem to use pits as spawns)

Hope u guys will crack it and share the information, unlike the two/three morons that are teasing us with videos since yesterday... (gosh I hate this..)

Why do the guys that have the skills to do this and make videos have to be "morons"? Are you really that petty and jealous that they have skills that you lack? AI will be here soon enough (considering we waited over two years just to play this sim another couple weeks or even months is nothing) and you won't need to hack and possibly corrupt your game trying to get at AI that is not finished.
I do give you credit that at least you are trying to learn instead of just begging others to crack it for you but having you call the guys with the skills to do this "morons" just because you feel entitled to their work and are upset they won't give it to you just reeks of a spoiled child.

free-vector-up-arrow-green-clip-art_116718_Up_Arrow_Green_clip_art_small.png
tis a moron.

Just to clarify.....calling myself a moron here....arrow is pointing at my avatar, not the post above.

was in reference to the original post.

Last edited:
I've been looking too and found a script called early access where all the disabled gamemodes ( career, quick race, raceweekend and more) were listed. I removed the lines, saved the file and started a quick race. I could determine race length, number of opponents, what car they drive etc. Added one opponent and started the race... It works!!! Ai is not too bright though but no more racing alone for now. I'm not at home right now, and i can't remember what folder it was. I think it was the theme folder. I'm sure you can find it... if not I'll be home in a few hours. :) Enjoy!!!

Last edited:
can you tell us the path of this early access file? i was looking for it and didn't find it
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\earlyaccess for example. (your Steam folder might be elsewhere)

earlyaccess.js:
"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]",
just comment this out (it's js so change it to)
//"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]",

Then in the Race tab along with 'drag race' you have a quick race option.

The AI's not working though so it's kinda pointless. If you just want to test graphics performance on a full grid you can set that up though.

Last edited:
Thank you for the tip, Marcel!

The file is here: ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\earlyaccess

and the file in question is called earlyaccess.js (it has the icon with sth like a scroll inside a white square). Open it with the Notepad and remove the following lines:

#menu li[data-panel=career]",
"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=raceweekend]",
"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]",
"#drive .tabs div[data-mode=online]",
"#drive .gridtabs .single",
"#drive .gridtabs .random"

after that save the file, and from now on we can select a race with a defined number of opponents. However, only one car behaves more or less sensibly, the rest just crash into one another :). Still, it is a way to judge the performance of the sim - and it doesn't look bad at all :).

I would suggest that people act tactfully with this unreleased AI, by for example not making any video of it. It would be a shame that these experiments spread an unfair image of the game. Especially since the already-available content is excellent. :D

I couldn't agree more but I have a bad feeling (I hope I am wrong) that most of the people that have been clamoring for this since seeing the videos yesterday will be making videos themselves and won't give one damn about how it makes the sim or Kunos look.

When i Say Morons its not to be disrespecful. It makes me mad because I think posting a video of something everybody wants (in this case Race AI) and not telling the other people how to do it is a form of disrespect and trolling.

Maybe I'm a bit extreme but i'm new to the simracing community and i found that type of behaviour to be absolutely offensive and troll-like.

Anyway, this post is for people to collaborate in giving EVERYONE the solution to race against AI, so any comment concerning MY personal behaviour is absolutely pointless here.

Ok, we are impatient childs, I don't know about you but I was waiting for this game since last MAY when it was annouced to be finalized. So yeah, i'm kinda running out of patience.

blah blah blah. Anyway, Been reading from this forum a long time without participating (about assetto corsa), and loving it so far. Hope to be part of this community one day even with my first "community share" attempt.

I think that people should make vids... if the AI has serious flaws people will make a stink, and perhaps Kunos will be able to fine tune just a little more before AI is officially implemented... Transparency is a good thing, and people should try and get access to whatever they can. In the end it will only make it better for everyone. The downside is some people might see early AI vids and discount Kunos and the sim and not buy it, but only a small number of people will be that ignorant.

I would suggest that people act tactfully with this unreleased AI, by for example not making any video of it. It would be a shame that these experiments spread an unfair image of the game. Especially since the already-available content is excellent. :D
That starts to sound just like different project. Really don't like that censoring to be honest.

If Kunos didn't want to have any videos on YouTube they should not have submitted the game to early access. Now they did for sure people will make all kinds of videos, including of bad implemented AI.

Customers/gamers are not the marketing team.

The downside is some people might see early AI vids and discount Kunos and the sim and not buy it, but only a small number of people will be that ignorant.

I agree. The ones that have already bought AC know what it's worth and some silly films aren't going to put them off, similarly other serious racers who are still pondering over buying it. As for those who will laugh....well, let them play their NFSes and Grids, shall we? :) I truly don't think a few youtube videos are going to change anything. to me it's splitting hairs :)

I use the AI cars to gauge the performance of the sim and I am really pleased with the results. Though it does depend on the cars, for example with a full (23 cars) grid of F40s at Silverstone I get less than a half of FPS I have with other cars - it looks like that particular car model needs some optimisation.

Last edited:
I have to disagree with you Bram....If the AI was officially released by Kunos and behaved crappily then there is no problem with people making videos of it.....The fact remains that AI hasn't been released (and apparently with the good reason of it not being ready) and with people "hacking" or "modding" the game to get it and flooding youtube with videos of it doing stupid things nothing good can come out of it for Kunos through no fault of his other than letting his game be moddable...that was a hell of a run on sentence but I hope you understand my point....Not saying we all have to go sing the praises of Kunos and be their marketing team but to purposely make the game look bad simply because people are too impatient to wait for a feature to be released is not something I thought you would be in favor of....oh well, I guess that learning something new is the reason for waking up each day.

If Kunos didn't want to have any videos on YouTube they should not have submitted the game to early access. Now they did for sure people will make all kinds of videos, including of bad implemented AI.

Well, I easily imagine that such videos would mention "AI". Although, the underlying assumption that the AI for drag racing shares the exact same code with the AI for track racing will be completely omitted. That changes everything to me.

The downside is some people might see early AI vids and discount Kunos and the sim and not buy it, but only a small number of people will be that ignorant.

I think you're vastly underestimating the ignorance of a large proportion of the gaming community.

There's a reason AI isn't officially in the sim yet, and posting vids of a poorly working hacked in AI can do nothing but harm.

Kunos aren't going to release AI until it's working well. It would be far more beneficial for AC to see videos of well working full grids of AI.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 374 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 38.9%