Aggressive AI

Playing a Low aggression,but they crash into me as well as into themselves, knock everyone out of the way,take everyone out of the corner and cut,I'm afraid to imagine what will happen on Hard,Is there any way to fix this?

What track and series? And does this happen when you are not on the track, too?

Generally the AI are very well behaved, but there can be combinations where they are less so. The biggest problem is usually 1 human mixed in who is not driving at the same/similar speed. This causes pandemonium as it does in real life racing, too.

The AI are designed to react well to movements and opponents that are within some normal range of what should be the case. If you can lap 5 laps of a track consistently within 1% or 2% of the same speed the AI do laps, then you are ready to race them. Otherwise, more practise is required. This is the somewhat harsh reality of a sim (versus a game).

So, unless this is a special anomaly problem, the best approach is to turn the AI strength way down until you can comfortably race alongside them. Then keep increasing it as you are able to beat them.

What track and series? And does this happen when you are not on the track, too?

Generally the AI are very well behaved, but there can be combinations where they are less so. The biggest problem is usually 1 human mixed in who is not driving at the same/similar speed. This causes pandemonium as it does in real life racing, too.

The AI are designed to react well to movements and opponents that are within some normal range of what should be the case. If you can lap 5 laps of a track consistently within 1% or 2% of the same speed the AI do laps, then you are ready to race them. Otherwise, more practise is required. This is the somewhat harsh reality of a sim (versus a game).

So, unless this is a special anomaly problem, the best approach is to turn the AI strength way down until you can comfortably race alongside them. Then keep increasing it as you are able to beat them.
All tracks,F1 2006,F1 2018,Yes! this happen when i not on the track( I read somewhere what to do backup and start with a fresh profile,but how to do that? I'm nooby(((

Are you referring to car mods (F1 2006, F1 2018)? Or are they just skins for the Reiza stock content? Unless you are using Reiza-programmed cars, don't expect to judge the AI in the sim or that they will work properly. Very few mods have great AI. Most don't even have the most basic speed calibration let alone all the finer details.

No,it mods

Try some Reiza cars, preferably a series that is not the fastest and most difficult to drive in the world, to test the AI :)

Quick conversions from older titles cannot be judged. Most of the time, those mods are intended for multi-player/online use only (where all the AI programming and tweaking is not necessary).

I think you will find the AI very good if you are driving in a Reiza series that you can master on your own (practicing alone) and the AI Strength % is matched to your speed.

A simple technique is to drive by yourself at a track until you can do consistent lap times. Then let the AI qualify and see how fast they are. Just keep re-qualifying with new Strength % until they approximately match your time (maybe your time is the middle of the pack). Then race and have fun!

If the AI are too fast relative to you, or, if you cannot do consistent lap times, it will not be fun (and likely you will get in the way of an AI or two and a crash will result).

Bologny. Automobilista has generally the WORST ai of any of the race gmes that are popular, and there is nothing you can do except choose another game. How can you set the AI to %70 and not be competitive?. Nice tracks ,good cars , terrible AI. Sorry but i have them all and this one is just rediculous. Go ahead and rant about this post but it is true. If you are not sure about this just pick out any track and try it with each car. Some you will be competetive, some the Ai will just run away.
After all it is JUst a Game. not a sim as advertised.

Last edited:
Bologny. Automobilista has generally the WORST ai of any of the race gmes that are popular, and there is nothing you can do except choose another game. How can you set the AI to %70 and not be competitive?. Nice tracks ,good cars , terrible AI. Sorry but i have them all and this one is just rediculous. Go ahead and rant about this post but it is true. If you are not sure about this just pick out any track and try it with each car. Some you will be competetive, some the Ai will just run away.
LOL.

Pawgy, I'm sorry, but you are in a very very small minority, what you are saying does not reflect the experience of most players and is extremely unfair criticism. I race the AI on between 100 and 110% and find it fantastic.
I'm aware you're a senior racer, I hope I'm still turning a wheel at your age!
If you go on virtual xperience and look at the lap records you'll see some of the lap times that are possible, and the AI can match the faster and slower laps set by players.

However, if 70% is still too fast you could try setting the AI filter to race against slower cars. Such as choosing a Formula V10 to race in against Formula V 12s and Formula Classics. That will give you even slower AI..

Today I am going back to AMS after more than one year, and what surprise, I got absolutely fine and exciting AI races. First I try BTCC 2017 mod in Brands Hatch, set AI level to my lap times and start 1 hour race from last position of 24 cars grid: I had several long and competetive battles, but everytime I try to respect AIs and not dive bomb and not overtake in lost situations - I think a lot of collision are generated from unfair aggresive driving. All race I had any little incidents, but nothing apocalyptic. Very, very good experience. Now I am little bit tired of Raceroom and ACC, so AMS is like spring of fresh water for me :D

Last edited:
Today I am going back to AMS after more than one year, and what surprise, I got absolutely fine and exciting AI races. First I try BTCC 2017 mod in Brands Hatch, set AI level to my lap times and start 1 hour race from last position of 24 cars grid: I had several long and competetive battles, but everytime I try to respect AIs and not dive bomb and not overtake in lost situations - I think a lot of collision are generated from unfair aggresive driving. All race I had any little incidents, but nothing apocalyptic. Very, very good experience. Now I am little bit tired of Raceroom and ACC, so AMS is like spring of fresh water for me :D

Use the Reiza vehicles if you want the full AI experience. Most mod cars have various issues.

in the end it still jusT a GAME.
giphy.gif

Use the Reiza vehicles if you want the full AI experience. Most mod cars have various issues.

Yep, by far best AI I have is with Automobilista. Just getting back into it after a few months away with rfactor 2 (which has pissed me off again) and for my sins, picked up PC2 in a sale. Got bored of floaty weak FFB and stupid physics and erratic AI, back to AMS. Caterhams in last to first races on any track, absolute bliss.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 132 13.8%