AGGHH! Transparancies Textures on Objects problem :(

This is driving me nuts!...

Im not a genius at model building, but im not an idiot either. so far ive made a few simple models in sketchup, all painted in simple solid jpg textures, then exported/kmz/zip/xpacker into BTB with no problems. easy!

so, now i decide to get fancy, and try making simple objects like crowds etc, using transparent images with alpha channels to texture the objects in sketchup, then export/kmz/zip/xpacker and into BTB where the objects look perfect, exactly as planned.

THEN comes export from BTB to rfactor, and all goes to crap!

in rfactor (and 3dsimed) the textures for these new objects are randomly replaced with some other texture from some other object in the track.

so far ive tried using everything from GIF/PNG/TGA as the image source (with alpha channels, all correct 512/256 etc sizing) before building the objects in sketchup. ive tried xpacking them individually, with different names, together, bundled with some other xpack i already had there, etc etc. bascially tried a bunch of different ways to see if importing the objects into BTB would make any difference. NOPE! lol

so, any suggestions? i dont quite get whats going on. the materials are correctly defined in the xpack xml files, and BTB puts it all together correctly, i cant think where its then going wrong when exporting?? 3dsimed shows the same incorrect textures, so its not something just on therfactor side of things.

see attached pic and note obviously incorrect textures, which in this instance, are infact a texture from a house window on another object, from another xpack??!! other objects have similarly incorrect textures, from yet other models, such as a wall from my bridge... WTF!?! lol :)

cheers
ed

Attachments

• Untitled-9.jpg
    Untitled-9.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 295
  • Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 306
hang on, just looking at your fmarsh.gmt file, i see its pointing to texture0.TGA ??

i dont have one of thems! let me make one and see what happens....

edit - nothing happens... still looking at a nice piece of brick wall from my bridge object

ok, so i went with the assumption that perhaps its not this 'flagmarshall' object, but one of my other objects...

i went and deleted my other sketchup objects that id made and imported previously imported (i still have other objects from other xpacks that people have made for me, i only deleted MY diy objects, a bridge and a house)

and well, the falgmarshall is fixed. i didnt use your files maniak, i just exported from my own again (dodgy texture mapping and all!)

NOW... so, what was the problem?? the other objects?

could it be that because i made my other objects with JPGs that this was the problem (all other objects using dds) ??

which leaves me now, how to i know go about putting my objects back in?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%