Again big problems with Alpha and Chroma :/

Hello, i need again some professinal help :smile:

GRAB_502..jpgGRAB_503..jpg

With textures in alpha i get some amazing trees but i see background treewalls through them, with chroma they become opaque but very ugly like in photos.

Thank you

I think you always get that see through effect in rFactor with Alpha transparencies.

With Chroma, try setting the mip bias to -4 for the trees - I used to have that black outline effect with my trees and I seem to remember that was what solved it.

After a couple of hours i get something better than i had but with 3dsimed.

GRAB_506 orange..jpg
GRAB_508 red..jpg

With btb the texture always stays with chroma light blue but after editing with 3dsimed for orange or yelow for exemple it becames very nice. I edit xpack and venue materials but stay always blue i don´t know why.

trees settings..jpg

That doesn't sound like a problem with your track, or BTB - it's just a lack of shaders in BTB.

In reality if you want to make a "FINAL" track version you need to use 3DSimEd aswell.

BTB does:

Diffuse Only
Diffuse+Bump
Diffuse+Specular
Diffuse+Bump+Specular
Diffuse+Multiply+Add

/

However if you look in 3DSimEd, there are PAGES more shaders to use.

If you open Brianza ISI in 3DSimEd, you will see it makes use of many many more types of shader - like:

"specular map t1 lerp t2 vertex alpha"

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means, but I know that BTB doesn't let you add things with "normals".

/

When I tried to add my wall in BTB, and tested my track - I had the same problem.

It's because you need to use 3DSimEd to add the "Normal" surface aswell - and sort out the shaders.

/

01 - BTB to make and design the track surface
02 - 3DSimEd to do all of the finishing touches and graphics.

This has me curious about what people do when finishing tracks in 3DSimEd. Does anyone know of any tutorials that deal with the BTB to 3DSimEd finishing process?

If you have any tracks that are joined together, you can get rid of the overlapping polygons. I make my kerbs from walls, and have noticed flickering where they meet the ground. If the terrain is split correctly in BTB, 3dsimed can be used to remove the terrain polygons that are underneath the kerbs, and the vertices can be merged to prevent holes.

I'm sure there are many other things, but those are the two that are most important to me.

How R Soul?

I tried to make a rumblestrip using a wall but when I drove over it the car didn't react as if anything was there.

I was using the side of the wall as the top - but it just reacted very strangely when the wheel went over it.

Collide was on.

How R Soul?

I tried to make a rumblestrip using a wall but when I drove over it the car didn't react as if anything was there.

I was using the side of the wall as the top - but it just reacted very strangely when the wheel went over it.

Collide was on.

It sounds like you needed to set the "Material Name" to "Rmbl" and/or set its properties to be "Driveable", but don't take my word for it as I'm kind of new to BTB myself. I too have made my kerbs/rumblestrips from walls and initially had the same problems but after setting these properties up everything worked great.

ok, im into similar territory now with my track. made entirely with BTB and photoshop, with some help from folks donating some models.

however, the 'finishing touches' just arent there, the tree textures are dodgy as per the OP's problem, and theres little 'sins' with overlapping terrain at road junctions etc etc.

obviously 3dsimed can fix these? i hate learning new software, so can someone break it down for an idiot like me? is 3dsimed easy enough to use? can you import the project back and forth between btb and 3d sim ed, or is it a 'one way' process only?

to the OP, how did you get your tress looking like that in 3dsimed? tips and hints?

cheers
ed

uhuh... so i randomly tried clicking on stuff in 3dsimed....

im SURE i didnt select anything related to my actual track surface, yet managed to make it disappear in sections...

and ok, call me an idiot, but what are all the different shader types youve got there? and where do you get/how to make other maps/textures to use with what youve got? ie... wtf does it all mean?

and as an aside, how do you actually edit the terrain and track mesh in there?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%