After the success of FVA 2010 time to revaluate netkar pro?

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
So, hopefully people will now finally get netkar pro for that lousy 19 euros and start real racing :)

filling the fields with your real name/surname/etc
Which I still think is a little silly, as it's more info' than is displayed in game, or even on some real racing results (see attached image).

Attachments

• Results.jpg
    Results.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 273
Hi I'm new here, actually; I'm new to all this sim racing world (I downloaded rFactor a few months ago and netKar pro a week ago).

The reason I downloaded netKar pro is because of FVA 2010 and after playing netKar I knew that it was the best simulator ever, I might even buy it. I'm still a 'noob' in sim racing (I drive using a keyboard!!!) but I would really like to compete in leagues participate in the community.

Rule 1 is a no go for me.

I am certainly not a rammer as many can confirm that, but I don't want my hobbies known from anyone.

You can ban reckless drivers. This "use your real name" is a clear violation of privacy.

So as it is mentioned in you text I will race somewhere else.

I could have used a false name, but I won't since I disagree with this policy and I prefer showing my opposition.

I'm still a 'noob' in sim racing (I drive using a keyboard!!!) but I would really like to compete in leagues participate in the community.
Other leagues:
GPChampionship (2010 season over)
Radiators-champ (currently in season)
netKarPROseries (in German but with English speakers taking part)

There’s also a Brazilian league but your ping will be too high from Europe.

Also one of the quickest guys uses keyboard/mouse so that's no excuse :)

I can understand your position but these are the few rules of RD to satisfy
Well people here wonder about the low turnout :p GPC & RSR have a high turnout even though they require full names (as they have a bit of flexibility (and the former allows pseudonyms)). Dunno about the netKar PRO series as I’ve never raced there myself.

Who is he? :p
Fox Gek who's currently leading the F2000 rank.

Full names please
Both GPC & RSR allow me the use my first initial and surname :)

In addition, why doesn't RD have a netKar Pro league like these ones. I mean, what makes rFactor and GTR better/more famous than netKar Pro
Openness to modding’s one thing as netKar PRO only officially released the track editor with v1.1. Obviously ISI and SimBin also have greater distribution too, and nKPro has its problems (slower development/bugs etc.), but in terms of feel it can’t be beaten and even iRacing fans admit to this.

In addition, why doesn't RD have a netKar Pro league like these ...
because often the grid is quite empty so it is not possible to give to nK a go in a League ....

moreover let me say that if a group of at leaast 8 serious RD licensed member will propose a monthly based calendar (tracks and car) I'm sure Bjorn will satisfy them ;) it will not be a league but it will be very very close to it ....

I have missed the last few races here on RD because of a few reasons. The tracks are too few, some like Aosta I really can't be arsed with; Don't like the Abarth and don't race it. There are a few good new tracks out there - Laguna, Spa, Adelaide. We need more variety on an open server to attract more people to race here at RD. One other thing is that GMT is in daylight saving mode in UK/Ire and the races start an hour later than normal - I've missed some races to getting confused between BST and GMT more than once:D

I raced with my full name before RD too, I think it's a totally normal thing. It's much better to see full names on the results table and not silly nicknames! Especially when you're running in a league, it's much more official and feels much better! You enter a club, a friendly community, and that begins with knowing each other's name imo, if you join a club/school/workplace etc irl, the first thing you do is telling your name to everyone! At least in my country that's the habit!

And it's certainly not RD's rule that makes the low numbers in nKPro events as there are a lot of full events in the GTR Evo club.

Now who joined the racing club and has nKPro, there is an event posted already for next Wednesday, join up!:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%