After installing PaceNote plugin, the HDR one doesn't work anymore.

As I wrote in another thread I have installed the PaceNote plugin and have it working now. But to my surprise the HDR plugin (enbseries) doesn't work anymore. Even deleting the PaceNote again doesn't help. Apparently something changes permanently after installing PaceNote causing the HDR plugin not functioning anymore, even when PaceNote is deleted. Is this true and if so can I do something to have both working ?

Both uses the same dll-file I guess. So you would need to copy the dll file from HDR plugin download into your RBR folder again to get that working (though, then PaceNote plugin will not work).
There are rename-workarounds, but I've never bothered with it, so I don't know how that works sadly.

Thanks for your reply Ole.

But I still don't understand. PaceNote has a Pace.dll which is placed in the Plugins folder and the HDR has a d3d9.dll and a d3d9drv.dll which are both in the main RBR folder. And even after removing PaceNote the HDR still doesn't work anymore.

And could it be, maybe a dumb question but I am not very technical, that something is changed in Windows ? I ask that because I did the following: Yesterday I made a system image backup and I also backed up my RBR folder. That was before I installed the PaceNote plugin, but with the HDR included. Today, after having tried if removing PaceNote helped for enabling HDR, I restored Windows etc. from the system image and replaced the RBR folder by the backupped folder and then the HDR plugin worked.

Now, my totally uneducated guess, would be that the d3d9drv.dll, as that is a dll that helps rendering in direct x9 , also would affect the normal d3d9.dll. So if you DL the HDR plugin again (or find the d3d9.dll that is together with the HDR plugin folder). Then you can try again.

Try to get them to work together:
1.Rename the d3d9drv.dll to whatever you like (e.g PaceNote.dll)
2.Find the INI file you use for HDR (with out without motion blur), open that in notepad/wordpad/otherpad. In the line "ProxyLibrary=" put in "PaceNote.dll" (ProxyLibrary=PaceNote.dll) and save.
3. Find the HDR Plugin d3d9.dll and overwrite the existing d3d9.dll
4. Could work.

Getting HDR back, screw PaceNote.
1.Delete d3d9drv.dll
2.Find d3d9.dll from HDR plugin folder
3.Overwrite old d3d9.dll

@rijnton

Did exactly what you wrote, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

UPDATE: Solved !

Apparently it had to do with running as administrator and/or in Windows XP compatibility (I have Windows 8 64bit) After unchecking both I can run both HDR and PaceNote.

Last edited:
Did exactly what you wrote, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

UPDATE: Solved !

Apparently it had to do with running as administrator and/or in Windows XP compatibility (I have Windows 8 64bit) After unchecking both I can run both HDR and PaceNote.

Oh well, at least it works out now!
Why did you run it in comp. mode in the first place? I've never had to do that with Win 8.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%