WIP Afsluitdijk

While building objects for the Assen 1953 track, i also work on a 63km/39mi AVUS type track on steriods.

afsluitdijk.jpg

The idea is simple. The track is mainly a closure dam of 29 km long. The turning points are in Den Oever (west curve) and close to Zurich (east curve).

How i want to build it:
1. 63 km long track for AIW.
2. 10 open track sections which consists of the track itself.
3. A few open track sections with terrain to build the island sections.

393270_4592466372162_767865820_n.jpg

546382_4591390385263_1834652239_n.jpg

foto.jpg

Ive taken a couple of looks now of your project in GE & although Im figuring you will be using what looks like an over-pass to return cars at the south/western end, Im very curious as to how you plan to return cars at the north/eastern end....
Would you mind providing a screen shot of your plans for there please?
All-in-all, a very interesting project with plenty of room for good drafting & slip-streaming....
Such a shame rF1 doesn't have proper random cross-winds ;)

Noordkurve.jpg

Zuidkurve.jpg

The North Kurve is a bit like the Südkehre at the Avus. The situation has changed the last 2 years and this part of tarmac is still there. So i can use it for the cars to turn.
How i use the AIW file i will show you in the next post

AVUSbochten.JPG

A. First you put down your AIW file track.
B. Then you add two open tracks and merge them with help from the "m"-key.
C. Drop the AIW track with using the cross section tool. Fill the space between the two open track with terrain and an asphalt or tarmac texture. The fast line and so will stay on the terrain, when it is checked driveable.

This is how i did it in my unreleased "Bergwerk"-track.

The Afsluitdijk Noordkurve (North Curve) is even more simple. The AIW track will be invisible. All the tracks you will see are merged with the AIW file track. In fact the closure dam sections are SINGLE track which means it contains the straight and back straight on a single track.

It would be to everyone that's not Dutch ;)

(Literally it means 'Closing dyke', as in closing off the former 'Zuiderzee' (Southern Sea) in Holland.)

Could be an interesting track when you fly off - wonder if the marshalls get a Sea Rescue department as well. ;)

@ Raido, LoL- Sea Rescue!

I didn't spot that piece of tarmac in my search of the site & wouldn't have thought of it myself!
I was actually looking at the road network & trying to figure out how you would go about it...
Nice find!:thumbsup:
I guess that's the advantage of being a local;):D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%