Affordable car by EAP3D

Hi guys, I have switched usernames a lot but you might remember me as the stig's 3D modeling cousin who makes wheels and textures for Harey or as the guy who never finished an Audi R8 and a Gordon Keeble.

Whatever the case, I am here to make an affordable car for ze contest.
So far, all I've got is a sketch. Guess I'll throw it up. Went through about 15 pages of sketches and finally made one I was alright with. Modeling commences tomorrow!

Car is going to have 4-seats, 3-doors, fwd, 1.6l 4 cylinder front-mounted engine and as of yet unknown proportions

Still trying to decide whether to use blender or rhino. :<

P.S. if an admin can move this into WIP cars I'd be happy - accidentally posted it here.

Attachments

• colorsketch.jpg
    colorsketch.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 330
I would like to see some further development of this concept, keep up the good work.

p.s. I know I'm not the only TD/ID guy who likes racer! Would you like to show us another slice of your folio? :)

Colin

well your not really making wheels or textures for me now lol, since you showed me how to bake textures in blender :p

and yes the car looks nice, will look better once you've modeled it

Very talented! Considering u are at such young age.

Rhino is not that hard if you are dealing with Alias, which is a real pain in the ass...

Seriously, with some proper tuning and polishing, Racer can be used as a great animation tool specially designed for TD presentation, ( even transfering the replay data into another 3d app for rigging).

Very talented! Considering u are at such young age.

Rhino is not that hard if you are dealing with Alias, which is a real pain in the ass...

Seriously, with some proper tuning and polishing, Racer can be used as a great animation tool specially designed for TD presentation, ( even transfering the replay data into another 3d app for rigging).

I've been thinking about using CryEngine 3 for that actually =)
I made some cars work for CryEngine 2
only downside is that there were no real time environment mapping, so I had to make an environment map for any environment otherwise the reflections would be off. And if it drove too far away then they'd be off again

Cryengine, IMO , works better with character animation. So far the best non-professional tool for producing vheicle animation I have ever laid my hand on is Trackmania. It comes with great GUI and sleek camera control. But it doesn't have rt envmap either, so I am now looking forward to TM2. -)

Cryengine, IMO , works better with character animation. So far the best non-professional tool for producing vheicle animation I have ever laid my hand on is Trackmania. It comes with great GUI and sleek camera control. But it doesn't have rt envmap either, so I am now looking forward to TM2. -)

If only we had the engine GT5 uses for PC!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%