Resource icon

Misc Aero values 2019 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
aleleva submitted a new resource:

Aero values 2019 - excel file with 10% more lift coefficient front and rear wings.

In accordance with the 2019 technical regulation and websites (newsf1), the modification of the front and rear wings will result in an increase of about 10% of lift coefficient.

The file to download is an excel file with the new values.
3 lines are from
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2018-bigger-wider-slipstream-for-more-fight.162263/

1) Use Ego ERP Archiver to extract xml files of teams car.
2) Open xml with worldpad
3) Copy 18 rows you find in excel ( for every...

Read more about this resource...

Why didn't you do copypaste version? In fact you suggest everyone to make this mod on their own.
Because many users modified xml for other mods. Copying and Pasting from excel file it is easier to modify erp file already modified previously in some values of xml file of each teams.

Let me start by saying that I'm a mathematical physicist with a research interest in aerodynamics. I've carefully examined the changes that you suggest. You suggest increasing several "CL" values in each car's erp file in order to simulate the decrease in wing-generated downforce that will occur in 2019. If I'm reading the numbers correctly -- which I'm quite sure I am -- your proposed changes would actually accomplish exactly the opposite effect. The numbers listed in the erp file are apparently "-CL" values -- in other words "coefficients of downforce" rather than coefficients of lift. Therefore, increasing them increases wing-generated downforce.

F1MathGuru thank you very much !
Here an excerpt from an Italian technical site:
THE DEPORTANCE: The rear wing width increases on the rear side, affecting a greater amount of flow. On the front, a similar fate awaits the profiles of the front wing. In this sense, it is logical to foresee an increase in deportation.
Despite the smaller number of deviating wings around the wing profile, the deporting device placed in front of the car will be able to develop an adequate level of aerodynamic load. It will probably be even higher than recorded in 2018. The performance of the machines should not be affected compared to those measured during the season just ended.
Moreover, a greater horizontal extension provided for the frontal wing profile would shift the total aerodynamic load towards the front, further loading the steering wheels. All this would play to the advantage of the car's performance in terms of agility and maneuverability.No problem for the balance, because, with a larger wings also at the rear, even the engine axis would increase the load towards the ground, balancing the car again, which would take a boost to the ground higher.

The profiles will have more room to extend and this, in theory, in favor of aerodynamic downforce. A much simpler front wing in terms of secondary aerodynamic components, which until 2018 helped the flow to bypass the car body, will take place on the cars in 2019. Do not think, however, that this could cause a reduction in downforce.
The only disadvantage, therefore, could be a greater resistance to progress.

Last edited:
In simple words, the new measures of wings will generate about 10% more downforce then 2018 wings.
Soon the new values for open DRS and its angle.

In simple words, the new measures of wings will generate about 10% more downforce then 2018 wings.
Soon the new values for open DRS and its angle.

Forgive me if I'm repeating anything that was in the article you posted earlier. The translated language is difficult for me to interpret.

The 2019 technical regulations are designed to reduce downforce, and especially downforce generated by the front wing -- among other things. Wing size is only one variable. The loss of most of the cascade elements from the front wing will make it far more difficult for designers to control airflow and to achieve the intricate flow interactions downstream from the front wing that are currently responsible for increasing downforce and reducing drag. Of course the designers will probably find ways to gain back much of the lost downforce. I can't go into much detail here, but I would refer you to the many interviews with Ross Brawn and other experts on this subject.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%