Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

WRC9 Advise a rally n00b

Never done any kind of rally sim, pretty much a newcomer to the whole sport. Seriously considering taking the WRC plunge. Anything I need to consider before pulling the trigger? I want something new and challenging. I do not want to scream at myself in frustration.

Never done any kind of rally sim, pretty much a newcomer to the whole sport. Seriously considering taking the WRC plunge. Anything I need to consider before pulling the trigger? I want something new and challenging. I do not want to scream at myself in frustration.

Well I'd say WRC 9 is a great place to start. The career is quite hand-holdy especially at the beginning and will give you a good grounding for rallying basics. You'll deffo want wheel and pedals if you don't have already but you can get by with just a controller if you want to see if rally games are your thing. WRC 9 will get more challenging and you can adjust the difficulty when you start winning too easily. I would recommend turning off things like traction control, ABS etc because you'll learn a lot more that way.

I personally prefer Dirt Rally 2.0 but the career mode is quite limited so WRC 9 is better at breaking you in.