Advice Please - New Rig Motion or Static w/Shaker etc

Hi everyone i'm new to the forum and i would love some experienced advice please.

I have been doing tonnes of research on rigs and builds etc and the amount of options is crazy.

What i would like to know for my first rig should i get a static rig with butt kickers and shakers or get a 3dof motion rig so i don't have to upgrade it done the line.

But i want a rig to be immersed in and to be consistent & competitive more than anything. I have 3 27" monitors and a powerful pc. Also wheel, base & getting pedals too.

So i would appreciate some help if you can please.

Thanks
David

Motion platform development is really taking off, a bit like Direct Drive a few years ago. I liken the D-Box to where Bodnar Force Feedback Systems were say 5 years ago.

Bodnar was alone at the top of the heap and costed a fortune. But today cheaper DD options as good if not better than Bodnar are blossoming.

Motion will be the same.

Having said that if you have the budget then go straight to a chassis moving platform and all the bits I mention below. If you don't, but are planning to get motion, then build it up in stages.

In priority order I would probably get:
- Static Sim Rig;
- Pedals and Force Feedback System;
- SimXperience GS-5 Seat;
- Chassis or Seat Mover Motion Platform;
- Tactile Transducers and SimVibe;

I put the Tactile Transducers last because future motion platforms may copy D-Box and integrate vibration, thus making the Tactile Transducers redundant.

Note: This kit will provide immersion and fun, but will not improve competitiveness.

Thanks so much for your help. Now to make up my mind.

Upvote 0
If that budget includes the wheel, pedals, etc. I'd be going for a static chassis, 80/20 style and nothing more. For now. Buy some decent gear and work your way up to motion and tactile. I say this because you can add motion to your 80 20 chassis later on in a number of ways that doesn't require you to change the actual cockpit, only add to it.

Your wheel and pedals are going to feel trash if you spend $300 on a Logitech set while jumping around in motion. I had my G25 for around 2 months before I knew I liked sim racing and wanted to keep doing it. Upgraded pretty much straight away.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing