Advice over monitor and stand

Hey guys I’m looking to buy a curved monitor around 32 to 34 inches wide . I also need a sim racing stand with two legs. Please can you advise on some good options for this combination ?

In terms of price ,maybe about 500 to 600 pounds would be what I would want to spend . I have a good pc so want to optimise my gaming as I currently use a small monitor to balances on a piano stool !

I have an open wheeler 2 sim racing seat and g29 wheel which I need to be able to see over the top of
Any help much appreciated !

In regards to the monitor stand, I would suggest the Next Level Racing stand which you can find at Scan UK at this present time for £139.49.

Now the monitor, I would say for sim racing go ultrawide if you can. So in your case a 34 inch monitor, now the monitor stand as mentioned above is £140 (rounded up) which when taken off of £600 leaves £460. I would then recommend the following monitor: LG 34GN73A which is a 34" Monitor, 144Hz, Curved, G-Sync and HDR10. This monitor is currently in stock at Amazon UK and costs: £425.85.

The total cost of these two will be: £565.34.

There are other monitors like the MSI MAG341CQ which is similar to the LG with a 100Hz panel and costs: £348.99 but I always recommend people buy OEM monitors like LG, Samsung, etc... instead of buying something from Gigabyte or MSI as they will simply be sourcing their panels from the OEM's and generally you'll get a better monitor if you buy an OEM monitor.

Hopefully the above helps :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In regards to the monitor stand, I would suggest the Next Level Racing stand which you can find at Scan UK at this present time for £139.49.

Now the monitor, I would say for sim racing go ultrawide if you can. So in your case a 34 inch monitor, now the monitor stand as mentioned above is £140 (rounded up) which when taken off of £600 leaves £460. I would then recommend the following monitor: LG 34GN73A which is a 34" Monitor, 144Hz, Curved, G-Sync and HDR10. This monitor is currently in stock at Amazon UK and costs: £425.85.

The total cost of these two will be: £565.34.

There are other monitors like the MSI MAG341CQ which is similar to the LG with a 100Hz panel and costs: £348.99 but I always recommend people buy OEM monitors like LG, Samsung, etc... instead of buying something from Gigabyte or MSI as they will simply be sourcing their panels from the OEM's and generally you'll get a better monitor if you buy an OEM monitor.

Hopefully the above helps :)
Thank you so much . This is extremely helpful !

Can I check , will the monitor definitely attach to that stand even though it is curved ? I’m not sure if there are implications for curved monitor mounting . Also , will the monitor problem provide high definition picture ? Sorry I’m a complete noob when it comes to monitors. . Thank you again for your reply and any future reply !

Upvote 0
No worries at all :)

So the monitor has a 100x100 VESA mount which is compatible with the Next Level Racing stand, the way monitor manufactures get around this is while the screen is curved there is a portion of the back which is mostly flat to accommodate for the VESA mount.

The resolution of the monitor is 2560 x 1080, which is slightly higher resolution than Full HD (1920x1080). I would recommend double checking your PC to make sure it can run this resolution but if your PC can run Full HD then you'll be fine running this resolution.

The MSI monitor does have a higher resolution of 3440x1440 but you would need to make sure your PC can run that resolution as it is quite demanding.

Alternatively you can instead look at 32 inch TV's but the problem here is the TV market has mostly moved over to 4K (3840x2160) which will be harder to run for a PC and also means most 32 inch TV's are HD Ready (1280x720).

Now I am assuming here (never should do that) that you're using a PC but if you are instead using a console like a PS4 Pro then you could look at 43 inch 4K TV's from LG, Sony or Samsung.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No worries at all :)

So the monitor has a 100x100 VESA mount which is compatible with the Next Level Racing stand, the way monitor manufactures get around this is while the screen is curved there is a portion of the back which is mostly flat to accommodate for the VESA mount.

The resolution of the monitor is 2560 x 1080, which is slightly higher resolution than Full HD (1920x1080). I would recommend double checking your PC to make sure it can run this resolution but if your PC can run Full HD then you'll be fine running this resolution.

The MSI monitor does have a higher resolution of 3440x1440 but you would need to make sure your PC can run that resolution as it is quite demanding.

Alternatively you can instead look at 32 inch TV's but the problem here is the TV market has mostly moved over to 4K (3840x2160) which will be harder to run for a PC and also means most 32 inch TV's are HD Ready (1280x720).

Now I am assuming here (never should do that) that you're using a PC but if you are instead using a console like a PS4 Pro then you could look at 43 inch 4K TV's from LG, Sony or Samsung.
Double amazing thanks . My pc is i7 (2700) quad core . Gtx 1060 6GB graphics care. 16 gb ram ssd card . I think it should be ok but not sure . Does that sound ok ?

Thank you again . I’m now going to look into this seriously with a. View to buying in next couple of days . What’s your setup and do you think curved screens are worth it ?

Upvote 0
Your GTX 1060 should have no issues running the LG at 2560x1080 but will certainly struggle with 3440x1440, so would recommend the LG.

I currently using a Samsung 34" Ultrawide monitor and I honestly would say for sim racing an ultrawide monitor is a must unless you have the space for triple 27" or 32" monitors.

In regards to curved screens, it really depends on how close you sit to them but if you sit quite close to them having a curved monitor is quite good as it means that the edges of the screen are closer to the periphery of your eyes.

Upvote 0
Your GTX 1060 should have no issues running the LG at 2560x1080 but will certainly struggle with 3440x1440, so would recommend the LG.

I currently using a Samsung 34" Ultrawide monitor and I honestly would say for sim racing an ultrawide monitor is a must unless you have the space for triple 27" or 32" monitors.

In regards to curved screens, it really depends on how close you sit to them but if you sit quite close to them having a curved monitor is quite good as it means that the edges of the screen are closer to the periphery of your eyes.

Thanks again Hum24!

Upvote 0
Best value single monitor stand I've seen is the gt omega art single monitor stand. It has 4 lockable castors and will take up to a 52" screen. Fits everything from 100x100 to 400x400 vesa (pretty much any large TV or monitor is covered), best of all they're £70 delivered.

I'd use the rest to buy the best monitor you can 34 inch plus wide-screen, 1440p because the monitor will last longer than the graphics card and decent response and refresh rates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Best value single monitor stand I've seen is the gt omega art single monitor stand. It has 4 lockable castors and will take up to a 52" screen. Fits everything from 100x100 to 400x400 vesa (pretty much any large TV or monitor is covered), best of all they're £70 delivered.

I'd use the rest to buy the best monitor you can 34 inch plus wide-screen, 1440p because the monitor will last longer than the graphics card and decent response and refresh rates.
Thank you so much I willlook into this also !

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back