Advice from the experts/users: 80/20 Simg Rig design

Hi guys,
First post from a long time lurker here. I really enjoy simracing which really got a boost since I discovered Assetto Corsa four or five years ago.
In a few weeks I will move to a new house in which I will have my own room/mancave which means that I have room for a dedicaded sim rig. I have been using a Thrustmaster TS-PC wheel, Fanatec Clubsport V1 pedals, a Thrustmaster TH8 shifter, a homemade button box and a Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO joystick. This was mounted on a wheelstand and I used a office chair on wheels with it.
I also like to play the Farming Simulator games for which I use the joystick and button box.

I want to replace the wheelstand and office chair with a dedicated sim rig. I wanted to design my own 80/20 aluminium rig which I designed the past week: both for playing racing simulators and farming simulators.

I wanted to ask the experts and users of 80/20 sim rigs to take a look at the design. Do you spot any faults, errors or maybe an overkill of material? Please let me know what you think of this design.

(Both the keyboard tray and the mouse/joystick pad are not shown in the drawing, I leaning towards making these out of 18mm MDF-wood.)
dimensions.JPG
top.JPG
topleft.JPG
topleft2.JPG
topright.JPG
topright2.JPG

Sorry @Jeremy Ford
I realized after posting that I had been looking at 2 different threads that had similar info.
I will give credit to you because it is very much warranted. You did a great job of giving us a way to explore our designs.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies again guys. Not much online time for me so a bit late with the reply.

I think I will stick to using 40x80 for the bottom frame, I think this will be strong enough. As much as I would like to have one, I won't be getting a motion system.

@Jeremy Ford : Love the new video. I think I finalized my design. I guess I just have to build it when I moved to the new home and found some time to do it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years