Advice for a newcomer to Sim racing on ACC

Hello folks,
I’m new to the world of Sim racing and am loving ACC. I started on a PS4 but like it enough to have bought a PC.
I’m progressing nicely in game but eventually would like to go on-line.
Now I’ve seen how iRacing deal with newcomers, by using a licensing system. I like the idea but can’t afford the outlay (have to pay for the PC first!)
Is there a progress system within ACC? How do I race on-line for the first time? I’ve looked at youtube videos but none really answer my question about progress. I briefly joined a “race” but sat in the pit wondering what happens next...
Sorry this is so basic, please be gentle.
Regards,
Rowdy

Hi, Yes and i'm sure others will add to this. Everything is related to your SA(safety rating) TR(Track Knowledge) and RC(Race Craft) . Lots of private servers for online each with different rating requirements from fully open but then expect crashes and slow progress through the ranks to team/league servers with high requirements. Its best to race the AI to get your SA.TR.RC rating high enough to then get on a public server with higher ratings and then race online as currently the AI are good for an AM like me (I can race them and beat them at around 90ai rating) but then go online as well.

Remember there is useually a practice, qualy and a race session. Some server owners put their discord details in the description when you can ask questions and some have voice chat during race etc.

Hope that helps a bit!

I would recommend joining simracing.gp and then join ACCSS
There you will find one off races as well as championships that you can sign up to if you feel ready,
They run events for rookies up to mid pack runners, though there are some pretty fast guys around.
On Thursday nights they run practice sessions with coaching available for those that want it.
If you wanted to sign up for the next championship season you have until this Friday I think,
the season is only 4 weeks long so if your not confident enough to enter this time you wont have long to wait until season 4 and you will have time to practice and race to gain some experience.
When I first started sim racing I found navigating around on the pc a challenge, sometimes more so than the driving side, still learning as I go now, BUT you cant beat racing online with drivers who respect the rules and drive fair but hard, something I never found on console.
Sign up and enjoy your simracing , there is plenty of help available both here at racedepartment and on ACCSS discord channel

If you are in the pits there will be a session ID at the top right of the screen saying practise and how long, qualy and how long and race how long. You can leave the pits at any time to do practice for the remaining time as shown on screen. Once Practice and Qualy are over and the session ends you will be transported to the track automatically in the qauly position. Then the race will start when the lights go green. You can setup your car in practise, qualy and the on the grid after that you need to go back to pits once race is on. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing