Advice for a new rig and seat

I have Fanatec CLS Elite stearing wheel with load cell brake.

I am searching for a good quality rig and have two options (for now):

I only play Assetto Corsa, Project Cars series, Dirt and sometimes Euro Truck simulator 2!

1st. option:
https://www.rseat-europe.com/RSeat-RS1-Simracing-Cockpit/rseat-rs-1-white-white

rseat-rs1-white-white-01-936x936.jpg

2nd. option:
https://simetik-cockpits.myshopify.com/collections/cockpits/products/cockpit-k2

DSC_0375_1280px_1024x1024.jpg

with this seat:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00L2A7B54...colid=3J6JVJASDK1T&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

61Z8h%2BZtbJL._SL1000_.jpg

Any advice would be appriceated and other solutions and rigs worth mentioning.

Thanks in advance

I have that same Sparco R333 and it's a great seat, if a little snug and narrow in the shoulders. I'm 6'1" and thought the seat depth could have been better (my previous Recaro had extendable thigh supports) but once my P1 was set up properly and the pedals elevated to raise my legs I've found it very comfortable. Lumbar support could be a little better but I find that with most seats, and it's easily remedied with a lumbar cushion. Here's mine in the rig:

c84Psxr.jpg

The one bit of advice I'd always give is NEVER pick a seat covered in vinyl or any other form of synthetic leather unless you like swimming in your own arse-sweat. Even real leather should be avoided unless it's well perforated and vented.

I guess the other bit of advice would be to build an 80/20 rig rather than buy an off-the-shelf one. You'll get a much stronger cockpit and can tailor it exactly to your ergonomic and functional requirements.

Upvote 0
This!
I guess the other bit of advice would be to build an 80/20 rig rather than buy an off-the-shelf one. You'll get a much stronger cockpit and can tailor it exactly to your ergonomic and functional requirements.
I have the Sparco R100 seat and i like it a lot, but i guess different shape/sized person will like different seats, so it's very subjective imo. I'm about 180cm/90kg and yes, stay away from the vinyl-type stuff as Mascot wisely pointed out!

Upvote 0
This is the seat you want if your 6 foot or taller . 200lbs or bigger. Keep in mind it's fixed so no ability to recline. It's very comfy, deep seat and you can notice this is a larger size. Shoulders fit great. Very good price (best by far) and quality. The sparco you are looking at is a very good price and nice seat. It would be a great choice if you want a seat that reclines and your not too big .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LEONACA?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Upvote 0
I have the Simetik rig with the R333 Sparco seat and it is super sturdy. As mentioned before the seat is a little snug round the shoulders but is extremely comfortable to sit in for long periods.
Don't forget to get a slider for the seat.
The guys @ Simetik are super helpful and I cant fault the rig in any way.
I am a very satisfied customer.

Upvote 0
Thanks for replies.
Because I am a little bit new in SIM world, do not know what is mean by "80/20 rig"?

I am really intrested for Simetik rig.
I am 180cm tall and have around 90kg.

For me is very important that seat is comfortably, has good (not perfect) side support, can be reclined and has good lumbar support (maybe adjustable), because I have problems with spine.

I am only not sure which one will be "perfect" for me...

Upvote 0
Thanks for replies.
Because I am a little bit new in SIM world, do not know what is mean by "80/20 rig"?

I am really intrested for Simetik rig.
I am 180cm tall and have around 90kg.

For me is very important that seat is comfortably, has good (not perfect) side support, can be reclined and has good lumbar support (maybe adjustable), because I have problems with spine.

I am only not sure which one will be "perfect" for me...
The cockpit in my picture above is an 80/20 rig. It's one that's bolted together from straight lengths of special box section aluminium extrusion.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just got my Simetik K2 yesterday.,built it up to 95%, haven't yet simraced with it(or move it on its place). But already have to say that that thing surely is heavily build and, especially if compared to Playseat, rigid. In few places material thickness make you smile, ie. shifter support's arm plate is damn 10mm steel(really). And also wheelbase mounting plate, even with all those adjustements it's solid. So it's definitely seem that there's no shortage of steel in Portugal...

Even when I will use my CSW v2 now with it, I can easily believe that Simetik can take, at least most if not all, DD wheels too. If you use some DD with, let's say, around 10-15nm I can't say why not it wouldn't be able to survive. Could say that next step from this would be those rig's made from aluminum profile. And more sitffer seats/their frame stiffens whole thing even more.

I put Playseat's on it now first, have to lift it up a little, because when attached directly it's on low side, on the other hand it's not actually bad thing, just have to adjust wheel height.

Now I just have problem with my screen, GT Omega stand where I have my Benq 35" 21:9, is not wide enough to use with Simetik, so either I have to buy another stand or buy Simetik's own, which attach directly to rig.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have that same Sparco R333 and it's a great seat, if a little snug and narrow in the shoulders. I'm 6'1" and thought the seat depth could have been better (my previous Recaro had extendable thigh supports) but once my P1 was set up properly and the pedals elevated to raise my legs I've found it very comfortable. Lumbar support could be a little better but I find that with most seats, and it's easily remedied with a lumbar cushion. Here's mine in the rig:

c84Psxr.jpg

The one bit of advice I'd always give is NEVER pick a seat covered in vinyl or any other form of synthetic leather unless you like swimming in your own arse-sweat. Even real leather should be avoided unless it's well perforated and vented.

Hello i'm planing on buying the same seat for the same cockpit, how do you fix this seat to the cockpit is there anyway that it works with seat brackets ?

thanks

Upvote 0
Hello i'm planing on buying the same seat for the same cockpit, how do you fix this seat to the cockpit is there anyway that it works with seat brackets ?

thanks
I chopped up the brackets I'd made for my old NLMv3 and fitted them thus, then simply bolted the seat to them from below. I wanted to mount the seat as low as possible for the CoG when motion was active. The R333 fits quite nicely within the P1 chassis.

20190223_150927.jpg
20190223_210144.jpg

The beauty of 8020 builds is that there's a dozen different ways that you could fit your seat.

Upvote 0
thanks mascot but i think i,ll pass i want seat sliders on my rig...
any advice for a 400 € seat i m quite big 1m85 / 85 kilos..
Some seats and buckets have L or XL sizes. Many users get theirs from junkyards, you could get a decent price from 25-50€. Look for passenger seats, they aren´t as worn as drivers´
If you want a bucket seat, look for brand new ones which don´t require FIA certificate, or outdated FIA ones.

Upvote 0
This is the seat you want if your 6 foot or taller . 200lbs or bigger. Keep in mind it's fixed so no ability to recline. It's very comfy, deep seat and you can notice this is a larger size. Shoulders fit great. Very good price (best by far) and quality. The sparco you are looking at is a very good price and nice seat. It would be a great choice if you want a seat that reclines and your not too big .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LEONACA?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

I purchases this one. No recline, but it was only $200, comfy, roomy, and looks fantastic. It was the best bargain of my entire rig

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing