Advanced modding support, the ability of doing mechanical work and more

I'm not talking about the support for modding on a general scale. But instead I'd like to see next to the support for car mods (next to loading into the game), that users have the ability to launch into a more in-depth showroom, or something like Drift21 with a garage included where you can do engine and other work to it. Also stepping into your car after finished working with it and the ability to drive outside of that garage for testing purposes. And with this, also have possibilities to change car parts individually. That not only there will be some default parts (from Kunos), but that the game also can have custom made ones by the community like for example bumpers, sideskirts, turbo's, engine's, and all other parts individually.

With that written down, mod creaters not only may be able to make standalone cars, but can make individual parts for THEIR cars too. Maybe as another example the Steam workshop system and how ETS2 uses that?

Currently there also are some car mods out there that are designed with shiny engines and that you can see the whole thing if you open the hood. And I think that if Kunos dev's are capable of creating a default car list and (upgradable) mods/parts in game but support adding the car mods and parts individually, that the community will be able of expanding the whole enjoyment of the game.

Also, this with support for changing parameters; engine tuning, maybe the option to make maps for the car (tuning), adjust camber and things like a dyno would make it more complete!

I don't want to compare it too much with the concept of Drift21, but if Asssetto Corsa 2 would be a realistic simulator game between the concepts of the original AC 1, Drift21 and maybe some realistic ideas from the latest Formula 1 game - then it would be a fantastic game I think!

So you want a 50 GB game identical to what already happened with mods and AC.

Let's be real.
You'd have to keep track of every single tune, and then bye-bye singleplayer installation, let's play only online like GT.
Then the next step is what, selling mods like crypto items?
No no no, just no. Too much confusion when the current organization of mods on websites online is a mess, with links here and there. What you suggested is not possible as it would require huge servers and logistics from Kunos.
Keep the bar low, don't dream too much, and maybe you'll have your little showroom with a couple fancy animations when you add a spoiler to the car.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back