AC Advanced Driver Academy 29Jan18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This was a fantastic experience with two fantastic drivers and teachers.

@Bobby Pennington and @Brewer were right spot on in the pace of the lessons and the structure of the whole session. They started slow, resolving technical issues for the newer fellows and pointing directions to useful things for the rest of us.

I was particularly amazed by the well planned structure of the event. I trully expected some sort of chaotic mambo jambo us-driving-they-telling-us-where-we-frakked-up and came out wonderfully surprised by the very well thought step-by-step structure and spot on pacing of the lessons. A learned a lot from the well thought and well explained steps in building a base setup, how to feel the reactions of the car and how to improve the handling in the right manner.

Bobby and Jeremy work so well together! You can feel their passion for simracing, the willpower to get better and teach others to feel and do the same in every word. I felt right from the start that I really wanted to enjoy the class and breath the knowledge and passion they were transmiting to us. And that is, at least for me, very important. Because passion and dedication is what makes simracing so special.

I also enjoyed the right mixture of serious learning and easy-going tone of the driving parts. It's important to learn to drive while other people are talking and while you're trying to talk, because that's club racing for you: having a good time with fellow drivers.

I can only recommend every single one of the reserves for this event to sign up for the next one. You won't regret it. I'm hoping to sign in again in the future, if the opportunity arises :)

Thank you so much to Bobby and Jeremy for their time, their effort and their passion in doing this events. RaceDepartment is a lot more richer with you guys on board! :thumbsup:

See you on the track!

David

@Brewer @Bobby Pennington, thank you both so much.

There are individuals who find sim racing easy, they just go quick, but they are very rare. For most of us, there's a yawning chasm of so many seconds a lap - how did that happen? We know it's going to take a lot of practice to achieve a level of performance that's pleasing, maybe not at the front, but just competent somewhere on the grid and competing. But what to practice? Practising our bad habits is easy but isn't going to get us to where we want to be, so what to practice - that's the key ...

Enter Bobby and Jeremy. A fabulous evening of bits that you didn't know that you needed to know. And do those bits work? Do they ever!

By the end of the evening, every one of us had improved our PB around Spa Francorchamps. Everyone one of us had a much better idea how to set up and fine tune the Mazda MX5 Cup, bits of race craft, how to race hard but fair and so much more. If you want a detailed list, sign up for the Advanced Driver Academy and find out - it's so worth it.

And the acid test? At the end of a long and thoroughly enjoyable evening we were all still on TeamSpeak, chatting, nobody wanted to leave - that's a sure sign that you've had a good time.

Chapeau Bobby and Jeremy

J:o)

@Brewer @Bobby Pennington, thank you both so much. it was a wonderfull nigth. although i have only sleeped 5 hours, it well worht it. amazing!!

the truth is that i´m not new in simracing. i have to confes that i have been simracing in GPL in a spanish league since 2010, and when I can, i am still on it. we are only 7 o 8. i think that i am the only one in this league who do the setups. so i know how to do them, but the tips change from game to game. so i sign up here to learn how to in new games, or in assetto at last.

now, I know what to do to have real good races here, and other sites. not like my race with the Mazda in laguna seca. now the problema would be my wife, i have to negotiate with her. i think most of you will konw what i am saying, jejeje.

Lum, Lil Ol Lady Jo, birle1
We thank you for the kind words and encouragement to keep doing what we're doing. You were a great class, everyone was very attentive and respectful on track and in our discussions. The fact that you all improved is a testament you as drivers. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks;) It takes an open mind to take advice, apply it and get results the way you guys did. I can't speak for Jeremy, but I probably got more out of the class than you guys. It was just an amazing experience. So keep up the good work and enjoy more and more racing with us. That's what will be cool.......see you guys blast past me and never look back:) My grin in your rear view mirror will blind you when this happens so be careful:D:cool:

hi @all
@Brewer @Bobby Pennington what an amazing job on teaching us noobs to drive a good line and to let us know which thoughts you have on setting up a car. For me on Spa especially the last "Bus Stop" chicane was always a don't know how to drive correct. Also in the short race i make it always wrong on every turn but know i know what should be done and that can be trained.
So it was a wonderful night (in Germany :) ) also the manner how you made it together was entertaining in the best way.
So i would ask questions also after this event if i have problems in understanding things with setups or driving :)
So thx a lot guys that i have been lucky enough to get in the event
hape

hi @all
@Brewer @Bobby Pennington what an amazing job on teaching us noobs to drive a good line and to let us know which thoughts you have on setting up a car. For me on Spa especially the last "Bus Stop" chicane was always a don't know how to drive correct. Also in the short race i make it always wrong on every turn but know i know what should be done and that can be trained.
So it was a wonderful night (in Germany :) ) also the manner how you made it together was entertaining in the best way.
So i would ask questions also after this event if i have problems in understanding things with setups or driving :)
So thx a lot guys that i have been lucky enough to get in the event
hape
Wow. Thank you for the kind words. Since you are a quick "noob" it's nice to know that we were able to offer something of value that you could use. The door is always open for you guys to ask questions and I'll try my best to answer them.
Cheers:)

hi @Brewer @Bobby Pennington, i´m here again.

as i said, i have started in a new work, and i don´t have time to race. so, i have been practicing a little bit with your tips. now, i know that the default setup of AC are good to start. yesterday and today i´ve practiced with the Porsche 911 rsr, and i realice that for my driving style i need a soft car. and a softer front antiroll bar to have more grip on the entry of the corner, because i brake much into the corner, untill i start to acelerate.. things like that. very usefull all the things i learn here.

so, thank very much again.

hi @Brewer @Bobby Pennington, i´m here again.

as i said, i have started in a new work, and i don´t have time to race. so, i have been practicing a little bit with your tips. now, i know that the default setup of AC are good to start. yesterday and today i´ve practiced with the Porsche 911 rsr, and i realice that for my driving style i need a soft car. and a softer front antiroll bar to have more grip on the entry of the corner, because i brake much into the corner, untill i start to acelerate.. things like that. very usefull all the things i learn here.

so, thank very much again.
So glad it is helping and you are working on your skills on your own. I understand real life gets in the way, but if you keep it up, when you do get a chance to race, maybe it will pay off with better and more consistent race results.

Oké. I make a note in my agenda. How to subscribe?

Just click either the US link or the EU link dependent on your time zone and just reply to the thread ..just like you have here ..(In please will be just fine) then when a staff member is around, you will get added to the list ..the classes are thoroughly recommended I might add :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%