Adjusting steering ratio???

How can I adjust my steering ratio in AC, I can't seem to find an adjustment for it? In Raceroom its under car setup, 'steering settings', but nowhere on AC?

You can't change it in car setups, just globally based on telling it what your steering wheel lock is (eg. if you have a 900 degree wheel and set it to 1000, then it would have 10% faster steering in AC)

You can't change it in car setups, just globally based on telling it what your steering wheel lock is (eg. if you have a 900 degree wheel and set it to 1000, then it would have 10% faster steering in AC)
I hope your wrong, because if I can't adjust my steering lock then this game is broken? I need a much tighter steering for the super tight corners...I have a butterfly wheel which can't be turned much more than 90 degrees without twisting my arms up like a pretzel:O_o:.

There is a software utility out there called Assetto Corsa Car Tuner, which lets you make a duplicate of an existing car and modify its characteristics, such as steering ratio. It is useful for making a car work on a track like Monaco, which a Kunos car like the F2004 can't run well on because the hairpin is too tight for its steering ratio. I used the Tuner program to make an F2004 Monaco for that purpose.

There is a software utility out there called Assetto Corsa Car Tuner, which lets you make a duplicate of an existing car and modify its characteristics, such as steering ratio. It is useful for making a car work on a track like Monaco, which a Kunos car like the F2004 can't run well on because the hairpin is too tight for its steering ratio. I used the Tuner program to make an F2004 Monaco for that purpose.
Ok thanks, but won't the software tag me as a cheater if I try to use my 'modified' car in an online race?

How can I adjust my steering ratio in AC, I can't seem to find an adjustment for it? In Raceroom its under car setup, 'steering settings', but nowhere on AC?

You can adjust "your" steering ratio under AC/settings to whatever the car you are driving has got as steering ratio. In CM you can display the original steering ratio of any car and then adjust the setting to what it should be. If a car has a steering ratio of 450 and you adjust it to 360 for "tighter steering" you will loose precision as you you will be turning the virtual wheel faster than in reality, same applies for increasing the steering ratio from 450 to i.e. 600. You can have AC to auto adjust in that case but I prefer to set AC to the exact number the car requires.

You can adjust "your" steering ratio under AC/settings to whatever the car you are driving has got as steering ratio. In CM you can display the original steering ratio of any car and then adjust the setting to what it should be. If a car has a steering ratio of 450 and you adjust it to 360 for "tighter steering" you will loose precision as you you will be turning the virtual wheel faster than in reality, same applies for increasing the steering ratio from 450 to i.e. 600. You can have AC to auto adjust in that case but I prefer to set AC to the exact number the car requires.
No I don't see an adjustment. Can you give me precise step by step instructions?

? In wheel control settings - but I am using CM and haven't seen the original launcher in a long time. I think, what you want to do is to alter the programmed steering ratio of the car model. So when the F2004 has got 360 you want to change it to 400. You cannot do that (unless you use Car tuner), you can only change the angle at which you would have to rotate the wheel to achieve a certain typ of angle....it is fairly simple after all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%