adjusting sounds in modded cars

I recently downloaded a mod car and I am fairly happy with the look and feel of the car but the sound is....... not as good as I would like it to be. I have looked through the cars folders and files and have even tried to play with some of the setting in some of the .ini files but nothing seems to have much of any impact on the engine sounds when inside the car, which are set way to low for my liking, and are lower than most other cars within the game.
Any advise on how to modify this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Romano

Thanks for the reply
I did try and copy over the SFX folder from another car and it didn't work, the text file within the folder references what looks like sound files, however they appear to be car specific and are kept within a .kn5 file which I am unable to open..?
Any further instructions or clarifications would be appreciated
Cheers
Romano

@Romano1 all you need is in the sfx folder.
you have to replace the name of the original car both in the GUID and the bank with the mod car name.
for the bank, you just change the name, for the GUID, that you will find in the sfx folder located at the same directory as content, you will use find and replace feature to change the name of the car. copy and paste the GUID file in the mod car sfx folder.
let me now if you have any issue, but please tag me in your post, or I might not know about it for while.

@Romano1 all you need is in the sfx folder.
you have to replace the name of the original car both in the GUID and the bank with the mod car name.
for the bank, you just change the name, for the GUID, that you will find in the sfx folder located at the same directory as content, you will use find and replace feature to change the name of the car. copy and paste the GUID file in the mod car sfx folder.
let me now if you have any issue, but please tag me in your post, or I might not know about it for while.
Thank you very much
It worked perfectly, I really appreciate the help.
Cheers
Romano

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back