Additional New Format - GT Legends Club

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All, Andy & I have been thinking through the GTL events, and we've decided upon a new additional format for the Club.

We will be running events on Thursdays & Saturdays.

Thursdays will be the usual Club events - class events, mixed class events, single make events, multi track events, sprints, etc.

Saturdays will be a different format - Single track, single make enduro events. Each month will bring a new "Car of the Month", and all Saturday events in that calendar month will run that car only. The events will all be approx 1 hour races at various times of day.

This new format will start in March, with the March Mustang Madness, featuring, perhaps unsurprisingly, the Ford Mustang.

The schedule will be:-
week1 - 7th - Cadwell Park
week2 - 14th - Nurburgring Sprint
week3 - 21st - Lakeside
week4 - 28th - Hockenheim National

Look forward to seeing you all there. :good:

Nice idea. I tried a run out in the porches for the evnt this week but I'll never be anygood in time. A whole month at something has gotta get some results :)

Only Q would be what is the planned start of these events, will they be worked around the upcomming leagues?

We'll be looking at a 20.00 start for practice, so probably about a 21.00 for quali, 21.30 for race - if people have leagues to drive in, we understand if they can't make every event, but to be fair, avoiding all clashes these days would take more time than the events themselves.

People should come along when they can.

As for the Porsches - Dave do you honestly think you're alone in that? They ARE tricky, but that's the fun - come along and at least see where you are. :good:

• Andy Marsden

All the Porsches are a handful though the 914's are the more tame of the three types available in my opinion, they are still nasty if you don't keep your wits about you mind.

One other point to note guys is the car of the month will not, and cannot, be used in any of the Thursday night events.

All the Porsches are a handful though the 914's are the more tame of the three types available in my opinion, they are still nasty if you don't keep your wits about you mind.

Thats the problem, If they were all out wild sliding or thoroughbred tight lines tackle they'd be fine but they just seem to be in a wierd no-mans land between the 2 that I have trouble predicting.

Times are fine except for AF3k nights so expect me around on the ones that don't clash.

I think this is a great idea. Each car in GTL is so different to drive, giving everyone a little time to get used to each one will really make people appreciate the various subtle variations that make GTL so much fun.

As for the demon Porsches, we all find them a challenge, but I believe the handling is very much true to the real thing. With the engine at the back, when you go past the grip level at the rear, the momentum and weight just keeps it going. They actually hang on really well till you get to the limit, but it is a deadly limit. :sinister: :wink2:

• Andy Marsden

Aye very true Warren....after which the car takes you to visit its friend, Mr Armco - BOOF!
I had lots of 'fun' with the 914 at Goowood last year, that last chicane was a pain in it thats for sure!

Great idea guys,I think that everyone of us have favorite cars and less favorite's but taken a car of the less favorite's will give some surprises in a positive way if you learn to master it eventually,and give you a good feeling.

I am very happy with the new circuit's and the nice skin packs,that will make the race's more interesting,( so Warren cant say that a blue Ferrari will win :laugh2: )

Thanks guys for all your work this will GTL go a long time and make it interesting for the young and new guys.

Hans

I'll hold my hand up and say I've never been a fan of the Stang until recently, but in trying it out on some of the circuits to determine the events, I'm really beginning to like it.

Simple things, simple minds etc. :good:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing