Adding tracks??

Hi
I'm interested in having a go at the hillclimb track that's been made available. This will be the first custom track I've added. I found in other posts that the place to put the track data is steam\steam apps\username\race07\locations. This folder does not exist on my PC! All my tracks seem to work, so where are they? I've searched for the folder, but don't get any results, I've tried searching for 'Brands' hoping to pick up trackdata that way, but still no joy. Where are my tracks living??

Any help appreciated,
Mark

Hi
I'm getting there slowly. I now get the track appear in add ons, but once selected, along with the car, it starts loading then the game crashes with the dreaded minidump message. I am putting all files from the .rar file I downloaded directly into the locations folder. Is this correct? Should all files be in there and should they be in a subfolder of their own?

Sorry about this, but I would like to give this track a try...

Mark

I've tried both in the Locations folder and in a sub folder called col_de_joux_plane but both options cause the crash to happen. As I mentioned, I have all files in the folder, is this required? It is to do with this track as the game works OK on other tracks.

Thanks,
Mark

Strange, it should work...because it is listed in the add-on tracks ingame.

In the rar there is a folder called Joux. right?
Copy that to the locations folder. you probably did that but just making sure we're on the same page. I presume the rar file itself is not in there? If so remove it.
This worked for me...

Other than that i haven't got a clue.
Hope you sort it out...track is awesome

Thanks Marcel. I have tried adding another track, Goldenport. This initially crashed much the same as Joux. However, this one had UI data and once I'd moved that into the correct folder, that track now loads and is usable, no problems. Should Joux have anthing in the UIData folder?

Thanks, Mark

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 215 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years