adding textures in xpack

I am using Ennis_Objects_01 xpack & in the xpacker help file it says u can load an existing xpack & add textures to it by clinking file/open xpack folder but when i do this the panel is empty , I just want to add textures for the advert banner at front of pit garages, plz help.

Thats not exactly a helpful comment really,extract it to where,well i found out where & tryed to add textures but when i jumped into btb they didnt show up so if someone could give me a detailed idea on how to do this that would be great.

(plz only reply if you are prepared to give detailed info)

Extract the XPack to Program Files/Bobs Track Builder/XPacker/XPacks/ This is the folder where XPacker keeps its folder. Then you can "Open XPack Folder" in XPacker. After "Zip to BTB" it will replace your original XPack (in Program Files/Bobs Track Builder/XPacks), so it's better to make backup before.
Then you have to copy that modified XPack and paste to .../BTB/My Projects/Your Project/ folder. When you open your track in BTB, it will update the XPack elements.
Be awared that if you already use e.g. some material/texture/object (anything) and change its name (or delete or change its path etc.), BTB will crash since it will look for missing element.

Thats not exactly a helpful comment really,extract it to where,well i found out where & tryed to add textures but when i jumped into btb they didnt show up so if someone could give me a detailed idea on how to do this that would be great.

(plz only reply if you are prepared to give detailed info)

LOL sorry about that I was in a bit of a rush.
Like martinez said, you must not delete anything if it is in use in BTB. BTB will then give an Unhandled Exception error, which is the enemy of all that is track making in BTB.

I'm fairly sure it would be better to just use BTB's Venue Materials section to add new materials. You create a new material by first copying an original one, so it's easy to maintain the original's bump/spec settings while just changing the diffuse, for example. If you're doing something similar via XPacker, you have to set up each element for each new material.

Kyle Puttifer : no worries m8 all good.

Martinez : thx so much for that info , it was a big help.

R Soul : How do i copy a Material from an xpack so i can create a xpack of my own of just the items i need for that track i`m making?

Look at the BTB help file. Go to the section "Editing \ Materials & Textures". Adding new materials is explained in there. When you copy a material, all the files needed for the original will stay in the XPack's zip file, and the files for the new material will be in a folder in My Projects\"project name"\XPacks. If you copy a material with diffuse and bump textures, a new XML file will be created (in the new folder) along with a little jpg preview image. If you load another texture, the image file gets copied to My Projects\"project name"\XPacks\Common\Textures. If you only change the diffuse texture, the bump texture will still be read from the original XPack.

Must dash. Try to muddle through...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing