Adding more setup options to a car.

Is it possible to add additional setup options and extend the range of adjustment to the existing options of cars in AC with something like the Car Tuner mod?

I would like to develop a classic mini with the setup of a Mighty Mini race car, I found the Rover Mini Cooper s works mod and have adjusted the engine power, gearing and wheel / tyre size to match which has made it a lot closer but I would like to be able to adjust the damper settings, castor and have a wider adjustment on the toe settings.

Are there any good resources covering the variables within the .ini files?

The best way, honestly, is to just open up a car with those setup options and adapt the code you need. The Fomula K files should have a full setup.ini, no? One step easier, it's already open.

OK, so I thought I was getting somewhere with this, I managed to get the gearing sorted and have opened added the setup options to adjust the dampers, added an ARB to the rear, and have all the wheel alignment set as it would be on the real car, however the car drives like a boat, there is just way too much body roll, I have tried stiffening up the dampers to insane values above 10000Nm which helped a little but doesn't seem right, and increasing the spring rates causes the car to sit too high, even with a rod length of 0.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%