Skins Adding MAP file to skins with no MAP file

Hi,

I recently started making skins and am playing with matte paint.

I am trying to add a map file to a skin with no existing map file.

i have created the file and exported in DDS with mipmaps, but the map file is not being applied to the skin.

The file names are different to the last skin i made with matte, so i am looking for help with naming the files i think.

files.jpg

In the files for my existing matte skin, the skin was saved as .png and also the map file is .png, this is how they were before i started altering the file for my skin, also skin is named SkinBody, the map is named SkinBodyMAP

In the files for the huracan gt3, the skin is a .png but the map is a .dds , skin is called SKIN_00 and map is called Skin_00_map

In the files for the skin i am working on, the skin file is a .dds, i have exported the map as a .dds with mipmaps but i dont know what to name the file for it to be recognised....

I am very new to all this and learning as i go, if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks,

Josh

Content Manager to the rescue.

Open the car in CM Showroom, select main body. txMaps is what you need to name the reflection map for it to work
and what if the car in question doesnt have a txMaps file at all, so there just no texture for it (and it doesnt show up in the CM showroom window)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back