F1 2019 Adding Abbreviated name to number on Halo

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm doing a career with Haas and in the latest update they added Grosjean and Magnussen's names ( GRO and MAG ) as well as their numbers ( 8 and 20 ) to the top of the Halo . For the career driver ( myself ) or any driver who may get transferred to them though there's just a number so it looks kinda odd . Ive exported Grosjean's number ( 8 ) and my own number ( 6 ) and am trying to copy over Grosjean's number and name parts ( both the GRO on the Halo and the Grosjean on the side of the cockpit as well as the flag . I'm using the ' Space Age' font on the name parts ) and I'm trying to use Kris's 2017 Sharkfin tutorial to do so but Kris is so adept with Photoshop and so fast with it that I just can't follow what he does to get all the bits I alter to show up correctly both in the normal channels and alpha channels . If Kris could see and help with this that would be great but any help is welcome as I'm not bad at basic Photoshop stuff that basically revolves around cut , copy , paste , resizing etc but when it comes to stuff like alpha channels I can never get stuff to show correctly . I've tried using the clipping mask feature but that still doesn't make the new stuff Ive pasted in appear on the alpha layer .

Last edited:
The way an alpha channel works is the same as a layer mask, so white is fully visible and black is not visible. What you need to do is create a selection of all the added parts (just ctrl click on the layer preview icon) and then move to the alpha channel and then fill with white on the alpha channel

It worked great and everything shows up great , but ... for some odd reason it seems a fair bit brighter than the numbers were previously even though I didn't alter the main car numbers in anyway and just added the extra bits to the existing numbers .

Yeah I saved it in the wrong version of BC3 :( . Dont you just love modding :p Now redone it by exporting the original Haas 6 I had saved for a rainy day and imported the parts Ive taken ages doing ( the name and flags and Abbreviated name on Halo ) and now going to reload the game again . I'll post back in a bit as this one has been saved in the Srgb format this time .

Yeah my redo in the correct format is a lot better now thanks and matches Grosjean's bang on . Thanks for all your help , much appreciated , and just doing a number file like this kinda gives you an appreciation of the hard work some of you guys do to make liveries etc . If just doing a number like this has taken me so long with so much hassle I dread to think how much hair some of you guys pull out :p One false move and you have to go back a fair bit like snakes and ladders .

Yeah my redo in the correct format is a lot better now thanks and matches Grosjean's bang on . Thanks for all your help , much appreciated , and just doing a number file like this kinda gives you an appreciation of the hard work some of you guys do to make liveries etc . If just doing a number like this has taken me so long with so much hassle I dread to think how much hair some of you guys pull out :p One false move and you have to go back a fair bit like snakes and ladders .
I mean you don't go back anything by making a mistake, Photoshop has an undo feature and you can just resave it. Also working in PSDs helps a lot

I had to go back and redo some of it because I'd already saved it and exited and tried it in game . I then tried to just resave the same mod in the correct format but when I reloaded it after doing that it all went blurry . So I reinstalled the original number , redid the mod and then reimported it and now everything's fine . Thanks again for all your help , it will also help me with future mods that use alpha channels .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back