adding a 2nd or 3rd driver to rcd files

I was very familiar with the formats of GTR2 which was based on rF1. But I have very little experience with rF2. I was trying to swap to AI control with a method from GT2. You pit and on the pitboard information, your name would be listed. left or right arrows would cycle through to other drivers listed in the rcd file. That method had positive benefits where the AI controlled car would race at a pace similar to other cars and the AI driver would pit automatically when either tires or fuel ran low.
In rF2, I can see one of the json files has an option for the computer controller any of 4 drivers. But I haven't found a way to implement that. Here is an example of the fF2 rcd file. How would I insert another driver's name to test if pitstop AI swaps are possible??

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2016 ]] [[ ]]
EnduranceRX_PX2
{
Tristan Nunez
{
Team = Mazda Team Joest
Component = URD_PX_Revolution
Skin = IM7718alt.mas
VehFile = RPX2_47.VEH
Description = IMSA Mazda Team Joest #77 2018
Number = 77
}
}

This is something I tried but failed to get working many years ago, like you I wanted my Car to be taken over by an AI Driver capable of staying with the front runners (the AI controlled Human car is always slowest I've found). No matter what I tried I couldn't get it to work, I even created an RCD section of myself (my name) but that didn't work either.

Since then I'm not sure much (if anything) has changed in the AI Code especially since S397 took over, regarding player.JSON entries I believe many are redundant from the old days and no longer work, but this does intrigue me so if I get time I'll have a fresh go later today and see if there's a "hack" way of getting it to work :)

I've been trying all sorts of VEH, RCD and player.JSON combinations this afternoon but I'm (again) unable to get the Human controlled AI Car to reflect the RCD file. If I think of anything else I'll give it a try, but I somehow think it's hard coded into the game.

too bad. It's funny tho, you said the AI controlled drivers in rF2 were slower. In GTR2, it was the exact opposite. I could spot AI cars with missing or in-correct rcd files due to those cars being 2+ seconds faster per lap. Go figure. Thanks for your efforts.

too bad. It's funny tho, you said the AI controlled drivers in rF2 were slower. In GTR2, it was the exact opposite. I could spot AI cars with missing or in-correct rcd files due to those cars being 2+ seconds faster per lap. Go figure. Thanks for your efforts.

The ai controlled human car is slower that is when you let the ai drive your car, the rest are all fine depending on their talent files :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%