Add-on for RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 (Mercedes W12 & Aston Martin AMR21)

Misc Add-on for RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 (Mercedes W12 & Aston Martin AMR21) 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
ben32star submitted a new resource:

Add-on for RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 (Mercedes W12) - The winglets and the aerodynamic windscreen from the Mercedes W12 for RSS FH21

READ THIS BEFORE DOWNLOAD PLEASE
- VERY IMPORTANT! YOU NEED CSP + 0.1.60 in order to get this working.
- THIS CANNOT BE SEEN IN THE CM SHOWROOM
-STAY TUNED TO GET THE LAST UPDATES (AND HOTFIXES IF THERE IS)

-This post belongs to all add-ons I could do with the Mercedes W12.
-For install this, just unzip (or put the files which are inside the winrar) in whatever skin/livery folder you want this add-on. Now I'm including a ACSPRH and non-ACSPRH version. You...

Read more about this resource...

"For the next update (I'm busy these days) I will unify this for the Aston Martin too. I mean, you can do that now if you want, but the texture is black so is a little weird."

I've already done so! In fact, I actually changed the color of the fins by grabbing the Aston Color I desired and painted it onto w12fins.dds, just like your RedBull version with the color as well. Works really well, too.

"For the next update (I'm busy these days) I will unify this for the Aston Martin too. I mean, you can do that now if you want, but the texture is black so is a little weird."

I've already done so! In fact, I actually changed the color of the fins by grabbing the Aston Color I desired and painted it onto w12fins.dds, just like your RedBull version with the color as well. Works really well, too.
I'm glad you like it. Tomorrow as soon I will upgrade the 3d model with new shaders. The texture issue is a great trouble, but I will try to do the maxt I can do to minimize the botches I've made in the first version :)

ben32star updated Add-on for RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 (Mercedes W12) with a new update entry:

New version (0.5) released, read this

I didn't have time to improve all I would liked it.
  • The winglet and windscreen 3d model and shaders were slightly improved. It will improve in future updates. The same for the textures. The winglet shader in Mercedes W12 looks weird, with almost no gloss like the chassis. But they have the same shaders values and parameters. I don't know the reason of why it doesn't look glossy like the car chassis :/
  • The windscreen 3d model is slightly glitched and will be remade in future...

Read the rest of this update entry...

No a stupid question mate. I was very doubtful about how structure all the add-on because almost every skin has an 'ext_config'.

You go to ASTON MARTIN AMR21 or MERCEDES W12 > WITH ACSPRH or NO ACSPRH > CHOOSE THE DRIVER YOU WANT > COPY ALL THE FILES INSIDE THIS AND PASTE THEM INSIDE THE LIVERY FOLDER (5_VETTEL, FOR EXAMPLE)

I hope you fix this. You can PM if you still have troubles :)

Last edited:
There is one error with the ACSPRH version: Bottas and Hamilton have different type helmets so they should have different configs. Stilo config for Bottas

edit: though a bigger problem is that using this causes the helmets to be partially visible in cockpit view, with Mercedes. Aston works flawlessly
20210418014919_1.jpg20210418015003_1.jpg

edit2: I replaced the configs with the ones from Community Skinpack, that solved the problem.

Last edited:
There is one error with the ACSPRH version: Bottas and Hamilton have different type helmets so they should have different configs. Stilo config for Bottas

edit: though a bigger problem is that using this causes the helmets to be partially visible in cockpit view, with Mercedes. Aston works flawlessly
View attachment 466352View attachment 466353

edit2: I replaced the configs with the ones from Community Skinpack, that solved the problem.
I cannot do nothing with the ACSPRH. I've just pasted the config files in my one, that's why I didn't like to include an ACSPRH version.

However, tomorrow I will see if everything is correct, but I'm glad that you fix it :)

You did such a good job with this and the red bull. Are you thinking of doing the ferrari cars as well?
I was working on some SF21 add-on but I'm suffering a lack of time to do this. I will update W12 & AMR21 add-on these days and then I will be likely to be inactived for few months. I'm really sorry for everyone who were expecting to more add-ons :(

Last edited:
Dont be sorry. These are awesome additions.
It not something great, but it's kind of awesome for everyone who want to change (just a little) the inmersion in the RSS F1 cars

However, I'd like to see if there are other people that could do these add-ons for the car. I know there are great 3d modelers out there far better than me

ben32star updated Add-on for RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 (Mercedes W12 & Aston Martin AMR21) with a new update entry:

Windscreen updated

I don't forget about the add-ons. This is a update I wanted to do long time ago but didn't have the time. I hope this fix the render glitch that it's on the windscreen (Please, let me know if the glitch is fixed at all). I will try to upgrade it in the future, along a realistic W12 fin.

Alpine winglets add-on are in the TODO list as soon as I get at this.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks everyone for the reviews.

The image below is a teaser of the 3d model remake for the AMR21 fins. Still in WIP

1622997291925.png
1622997364174.png

*I had to use the RSS FH21 3d model as a reference in the right image

Last edited:
ext_config files for Bottas and Stroll seem to have the wrong lines for ACSPRH helmets, I've fixed them. If you need them for an update I can DM the link.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing