Add-on for RSS FH 2020 & RSS FH 2021 (SF21 quartet of ornate fins)

Misc Add-on for RSS FH 2020 & RSS FH 2021 (SF21 quartet of ornate fins) 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
ben32star submitted a new resource:

Add-on for RSS FH 2020 (SF21 quartet of ornate fins) - The quartet of ornate fins of the SF21

Here you have guys, the famous quartet of ornate fins that Ferrari included in his car. The SF21 fins and doing an add-on for other RSS FH cars was very requested. Also, the RSS FH20 nose fit perfectly for this add-on.

However, this add-on is not very finished, so It's just an alpha version. The textures are **** (I barely have the knowledge of texturizing those UV maps) and the 3d model is not 100% accurate (I made what was possible). Those things will be improved in future versions...

Read more about this resource...

ben32star updated Add-on for RSS FH 2020 (SF21 quartet of ornate fins) with a new update entry:

RSS FH21 support and 3d model & position changed

Now it supports the RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 car.

The 3d model has been changed a little bit. Now it seems to match what we can see from onboard cameras. Actually, you can't see it in the original camera position because the chassis is way different than the real SF21. You should modify the camera position in the camera editor in order to see a realistic onboard.

View attachment 483276
View attachment 483277
Camera position edited*

Read the rest of this update entry...

Have you seen the Red Bull skin that replicates the nose shape by coloring the skin different? It is a pretty good compromise.

Last edited:
Have you seen the Red Bull skin that replicates the nose shape by coloring the skin different? It is a pretty good compromise.

I think that is the guy whose livery was requested to be deleted as it was stolen? I liked that way of doing the RB16B nose. From my point of view, it's not that integrated, although it's noticeable.

However, I think something like that can be done with normal maps, but unfortunately I don't know how normal maps works. I will try to bring it in the future as a 3d model extension of the current nose.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the stolen part. Looks different to me but maybe some of the logos came from a different livery. I have my own opinion on that topic but this is not the place for me to rant.

I am interested in seeing what you come up with for the nosecone as your other stuff has been top notch.

What is the name of the texture for these if I want to use the winglets with a different coloured livery?
The texture template is not in the .rar so you would need the template. But now that you say that, I maybe will launch the template in the next update. The texture name that this add-on use is 'sf21fins2021.dds'. PM me and I will give you the UV template and the AO template.

1626737069549.png

1626742574232.png

New 3d model in progress.

Also I'm working on new mirrors and pitot tube, but not sure to release with the new fins.

Last edited:
ben32star updated Add-on for RSS FH 2020 & RSS FH 2021 (SF21 quartet of ornate fins) with a new update entry:

New 3d model

BEFORE DOWNLOAD, READ THIS PLEASE:
AFTER SEEING SOME MEDIA THAT INCLUDES MY ADD-ON, I DON'T STOP SEEING OLD VERSIONS OF THEM. STAY TUNED TO EVERY POST HERE IN RACEDEPARTMENT IF YOU WANT THE LAST VERSIONS FOR IMPROVE THE REALISM AND INMERSION.

WINGLETS:

The 3d model has improved to look accurate to the real onboard and the aerodynamic...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 77 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 51 6.4%
  • < 5 years