Adaptive AI

Can someone explain how adaptive AI works specifically in R3E? I'm trying to figure out "when" the AI adapts to my abilities. Is it during each session? Or race to race? Or what?

I don't think its over an event weekend since I absolutely crushed the AI in practice, qualifying, and race. I hope the game takes my abilities from all modes into account and adjust accordingly...even if I just do a practice or single race.

Any help is appreciated.

I find the adaptive AI does not work. I have tried to do a championship using the AAI but it doesn't seem to get any better. I have read that you need to do many full race weekends to get it to work. I gave up and just set my AI at 104 and it gives me great races. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply Andy. I'll try to setup the AI over the next few races. I did find an interesting discussion about it over on the R3E Steam forums:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/540744934756588760/.

From that discussion, it soundslike the adaptive AI is track specific, so the best way to setup the AI would be to play the same track 3-5 times then move to the next track. Once you've raced on all the tracks 3-5 times each, the AI should be more "adpative" to your skill.

That's how I understand it too. tbh I never have the time to gun the same track and cars several times to get it up to speed, so as Andy above says, I just throw it up with 107% AI and have a good race mid pack.
The problem with adaptive for me is I much prefer to be midfield and have a good race trying to keep up, with adaptive once its tuned its supposed to give you a good race at or near the front. My favorite races are when I'm down just outside the top ten and have to push really hard, and if I get lucky I finish top 6.

Wow 107% Paul?:geek::notworthy::notworthy: I struggle to finish mid pack at 104%. I need more practice.

Have you tried the Daytona Prototypes yet Paul? I love them. I think they would make a great MP race at the Race room test track.;)

DP Prototypes = yes, very nice to drive, totally agree about the MP race (we have these alongside GTR3 scheduled for Zolder on August 23rd).

RaceRoom Raceway = No can do! Sorry, I have a personal dislike (no matter how good it is) with fictional content, I just cant make myself enjoy it :)

Yeah I hear you, but with so many to pick from I can afford to be stubborn on this one without too many problems I reckon... unless of course crowd consensus says we do it (by way of thread creation championing the track and people posting their agreement), in which case I will obviously defer to the wants of the many.
Just hope that doesn't happen :D

Maybe you guys can help me out. It appears to me that the AI drives completely different in single player practice sessions than in races. So much so, that I thought I was running with live people. If I spin out, they will stop far in advance and either wait for me to get back on track or they will creep by slowly until they pass me. But then, in races, I get rear ended and sometimes straight run off the road. My question is has anyone else experienced such a difference in behavior and is it possible to get the AI to drive like they do in practice :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 75 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.8%