Adaptive AI in GSCE?

I believe some work was done for that in the last patch, but I'm not sure as to exactly how it works. I'll ask about.
I have been meaning to ask you guys this question for a long time: Is there a way to spread out the qualifying and race times more among the AI?

Essentially, the problem I have is that let's say I set the AI at 95. Initially, I'll be a second or so slower (depending on the car) and I get closer and closer until suddenly I am in P1. That forces me to fine tune the AI for each car/track combo quite painstakingly, while I'd be pretty happy having different groups of cars, let's call them fast, medium, slow, superslow where I can get a fun SP experience without having to constantly mess with the AI.

I agree with you that adaptive AI is as dumb or dumber than what we have. In the R3E game, I imagined that the AI would adapt to your speed during a race, giving you a good race. Instead, I'll do some races where the same track/car combo is slower than I am by 3 seconds, then the next time out they are all, every single caar, 1/2 second faster than me. Adaptive my ass.

I have checked real qualification and race results for the Stock cars and F3 and there can be as much as 4 or 5 seconds a lap different between pole and the guys at the back. That would replicate RL quite handily if I could have an AI that had that spread. I don't care if I don't win. It's a frigging robot anyway. I care about being able to continue racing even if I spin the car or I am much slower than the leaders.

One simple change you can try is to edit the line in track AIW file:

AIRange=(0.1)
Try making it 0.5 and you should see the field spread more. Don't forget, you do also need a reasonable set of talent files as well to create further separation and to get consistency from race to race.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 472 39.0%